SP Coacht Posters with true coaching experience

OLD PIRATE

Fellers. Again I hate to agree with Old Pie Rat but he's dead nuts on. Since I have been coaching I've said that Professional sports has killed the high school game. The Pro's are paid millions of dollars to "entertain" and they do that by showboating, hand jesturing and trash talking. These kids look at it and because some NFL or NBA star does it, then it OK for me to do it. Look at Johnny Autograph. I'm old school and I think that you should preserve the dignity and integrity of the game. Let your play on the field of court do the talking for you. These self-promoting displays have not place in amatuer sports. I don't allow any displays on my team. I once sat a senior starter because he flexed his bicep after making an "and-1" on an intentional foul. I don't know that Moore man or his philosophy on such antics but coaches can control those actions pretty easily. Coaches control playing time. Make an example of one, maybe two, then the rest will fall into line. If they don't want to conform then they don't need to be on the team because they are a cancer. Just my opinion.

I know some are going to jump all over me but I think its a little of all of them. We do have some coaches that seem to forget its high school. Does everyone know KISS keep it simple stupid. Lack of discipline, lack of reps,and to hard to learn. I know our coaches can coach, teach and explain but maybe we don't have to reinvent the wheel. Line up hike the ball block man in front of you run through hole created.

play someone first before you talk about how good you are playing. Who's next Richard hardy

I'm not going to argue with you about schedules, MC plays who they play! The point I was making is, MC is playing as a team and they're improving week to week.

I also stated that the new coach down your way will have those boys playing like SP has always played. You take things way to serious on here! Sorry you can't appreciate a compliment about your team and coach! ðŸ‘

I agree with Legit, just keep it simple. After watching the game the other night it looked like alot of the plays they ran last year. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way it looked. If I am right about that then it should be pretty simple. Again, maybe I'm wrong. I believe you need only a few plays. 46,47, 317 and quicky right. LMBO, remember those Legit?

Edited by TheAmbassador

I agree with Legit, just keep it simple. After watching the game the other night it looked like alot of the plays they ran last year. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way it looked. If I am right about that then it should be pretty simple. Again, maybe I'm wrong. I believe you need only a few plays. 46,47, 317 and quicky right. LMBO, remember those Legit?

yes I do

When we suffer a loss everyone looks for answers. They look for someone to blame. Thats goes for any team, not just SP. OP mentioned some players behavior. I did witness something that upset me. A supposedly senior leader with time on the clock came off the field went behind the bench and starting ripping his tape off and violently slinging it over the wall. Most of it stuck in the hedges and all over the ground. He then jerked off the jersey and pads, slinging them to the ground. Several of the young players saw this and seemed to not want to get near him as he had a temper trantum. While doing this He said, why the ___ did we start passing when the run was moving the ball. He stood there just failing his arms in all directions as I was passing right behind him. None of the coaches saw this as they were still engaged in the game. If I were looking for something to blame it would be this type of behavior from a starting senior.

Fellers. Again I hate to agree with Old Pie Rat but he's dead nuts on. Since I have been coaching I've said that Professional sports has killed the high school game. The Pro's are paid millions of dollars to "entertain" and they do that by showboating, hand jesturing and trash talking. These kids look at it and because some NFL or NBA star does it, then it OK for me to do it. Look at Johnny Autograph. I'm old school and I think that you should preserve the dignity and integrity of the game. Let your play on the field of court do the talking for you. These self-promoting displays have not place in amatuer sports. I don't allow any displays on my team. I once sat a senior starter because he flexed his bicep after making an "and-1" on an intentional foul. I don't know that Moore man or his philosophy on such antics but coaches can control those actions pretty easily. Coaches control playing time. Make an example of one, maybe two, then the rest will fall into line. If they don't want to conform then they don't need to be on the team because they are a cancer. Just my opinion.

Old Pirate point appears well received from a man that has to deal with these youngons today. It is a glaring realization it starts at home and the youngons today ain't taken behind the woodshed. Let OP share an insiteful story here. You see OP being a huck fin type of Youngon like most youngons was inquisitive and one day wondered off to the nearest creek. Well shortly after arriving there and tossing a few rocks in the creek OP heard what sounded like a grizzly coming thru the bushes, skeerd with knees trembling OP backed up as close to the creek bank as possible wondering what was sure to be something angry or hungry. Suddenly the bushes separated and the OP faced the skeerdest looking thing OP had ever seen. Well what it was OP's skillet head dad a carrying this here hickory limb about six foot long. Well being in shorts, shirtless and bare footed after a couple of quick licks started running thru the briars and bush with the hickory in hot pursuit. Finally OP made it to the hot gravel and tar road and again OP felt the long arm of the law and the hickory that put OP a galloping towards home. Fellers, OP arrived scratched, bleeding and pert near exhausted having run so hard. Soon that hickory arrived too and not saying a word dad laid that hickory on the kitchen table. OP fearing the worst was yet to come could only stand there with both the house skillet head and skillet slinger giving OP warnings and rules. Well fellers, this old pirate ain't the brightest but yous can feel safe in knowing......Old Pirate never went to that creek Again....Point here is teach them early with the proper attention getter and the non-mentally challenged with learn proper behavior and what is expected and demanded!

When we suffer a loss everyone looks for answers. They look for someone to blame. Thats goes for any team, not just SP. OP mentioned some players behavior. I did witness something that upset me. A supposedly senior leader with time on the clock came off the field went behind the bench and starting ripping his tape off and violently slinging it over the wall. Most of it stuck in the hedges and all over the ground. He then jerked off the jersey and pads, slinging them to the ground. Several of the young players saw this and seemed to not want to get near him as he had a temper trantum. While doing this He said, why the ___ did we start passing when the run was moving the ball. He stood there just failing his arms in all directions as I was passing right behind him. None of the coaches saw this as they were still engaged in the game. If I were looking for something to blame it would be this type of behavior from a starting senior.

I seen it from the stands. Helmet came off, ranting and raving about something. Sounds like you heard it. If that's what was said then that's a problem. The run wasn't working, both backs had less than 75 yards. The pass seemed to work best (at the time). Maybe some are afraid their glory will be stolen if the offense moves in a different direction. Personally I thought the backs looked at their best catching a pass out of the backfield. The blame needs to be on no blocking from the line, not the decision to pass.

My experience?  I played Grasshoppers under Sam Brooks.  Two weeks into my first Spring practice under Don Grider he called me into his office and suggested I give up football and join the newly-formed track team.  He said, and I quote, "Bennett, you ain't worth a darn at football, but you're fast as greased lightning."  I went on to letter in track and set a record or two, and I've always been grateful to coach Grider for that.  Later I walked on at Tenn. Tech - and turned around and walked right back off after I saw how big those guys were.  My point is I served under some great coaches who never allowed the crap to go on that's been going on.  But I don't 100% blame the coaches in question.  Someone else on here pointed out that today's parents are a thorn in the side to successful coaching.  The railbirds are mostly parents and relatives and people who think they have the right to tell the players to basically ignore the coaches.  I know - I stand on the sidelines with my camera and hear what the birds are saying.  But, again, I don't put all the blame on the birds and parents.  I feel the biggest blame goes to sports media creating the monster which PurpleGrad pointed out.  More and more high school players are wanting to be in the spotlight like pro players.  This might be good for the crowd, but it's not good for the team.

Today's coaches have to deal with problems that yesterday's coaches didn't.  The media.  The hype.  YouTube highlights being created and posted by individual players.  All the various websites that allow a player to promote himself.  These things, along with the profanity problem and lack of respect, all erode team spirit and productivity.  In my opinion - Coach Moore and his staff are in an uphill battle.  If they fix the problem by benching these guys we lose games, money, and support.  If they don't fix the problem we'll probably still lose games, money, and support.

Old Pirate's question for that Youngon is.....why is the best athlete Not on the field All the time?Coaching or something else?

My experience? I played Grasshoppers under Sam Brooks. Two weeks into my first Spring practice under Don Grider he called me into his office and suggested I give up football and join the newly-formed track team. He said, and I quote, "Bennett, you ain't worth a darn at football, but you're fast as greased lightning." I went on to letter in track and set a record or two, and I've always been grateful to coach Grider for that. Later I walked on at Tenn. Tech - and turned around and walked right back off after I saw how big those guys were. My point is I served under some great coaches who never allowed the crap to go on that's been going on. But I don't 100% blame the coaches in question. Someone else on here pointed out that today's parents are a thorn in the side to successful coaching. The railbirds are mostly parents and relatives and people who think they have the right to tell the players to basically ignore the coaches. I know - I stand on the sidelines with my camera and hear what the birds are saying. But, again, I don't put all the blame on the birds and parents. I feel the biggest blame goes to sports media creating the monster which PurpleGrad pointed out. More and more high school players are wanting to be in the spotlight like pro players. This might be good for the crowd, but it's not good for the team.

Today's coaches have to deal with problems that yesterday's coaches didn't. The media. The hype. YouTube highlights being created and posted by individual players. All the various websites that allow a player to promote himself. These things, along with the profanity problem and lack of respect, all erode team spirit and productivity. In my opinion - Coach Moore and his staff are in an uphill battle. If they fix the problem by benching these guys we lose games, money, and support. If they don't fix the problem we'll probably still lose games, money, and support.

i have often had that same reasoning about how our kids are being influenced by bad behavior from some pros. Yes even NFL coaches are having a problem with the ME mentality and take Texas A & M's coach, he has a similar problem. It's not just the high school level and I see ESPN analyst sometimes just shaking their heads. So no one has the answer it seems. Another point about the player that lost his composure, as OP says he should have been standing by the coach, ready to go back in, just in case. Another point, The coaches are busy, they can't see everything.