does blackman have a chance?

lilQB

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I am not sure that Blackman has the consistency to make it far in the play-offs. They are dealing with a lot of inner turmoil right now that is destroying their 'TEAM TOGETHERNESS."I think the loss to Lebanon caused all of this to rise to the surface. They simply were worrying about if they were going to beat Riverdale in the play-offs instead of taking care of business.However, i hope that I am wrong.

Of all the teams Lincoln County played this year, Blackman is the only one that I don't think we could have beaten - they were up and played like champions. At the time I expected them to go all the way.

If they play all their remaining games like they did against the Falcons, they'll win state.

Then again, if we play our remaining games like we did against Riverdale.......

[Edited by jabbo on 11-3-02 1:46P]

Thanks for the kind words jabbo! Your right, we do have the team to do well in the playoffs! We have the talent, speed, strength, and the toughness to compete with anyone in the state! With the right gameplan and motivation from the coaches they can beat anyone, this I truly believe! The coaches made a few changes in the Glencliff game that made a big difference in the offense in the first series and even though he(the offensive co.) is still a little predictable, Coach Watson did alot better with the play selection. David you have alot of speedy athletes, put in some fun misdirection trick plays. It might help in a key situation, and get the guys excited about trying something fun and sneaky!(lol) As far as team unity goes, I talked to some of the players friday night and they said that last week was the best week of practice they have had all year long!They said coaches were more upbeat and positive towards everyone! Keep this up Coaches and success is inevitable with these quality young men! I am the #1 Blaze fan and I support them 100%, Coaches and players! We have a few problems but every great team has its problems. It's the ones that overcome them that are crowned "CHAMPION!" All you BLAZE seniors stand up and lead the underclassmen into the playoffs and the rest will take care of itself!! I'll say it once again "I BELIEVE", the question is do you the players and coaches BELIEVE? :o:x

Wow, slim you have certantly got a way with words. After reading your post I wish the playoffs started 2marrow. I agree that the Blaze definatley have the potential. I have been talking to some of the players and from what i have heard they are practicing and playing like a different team. they said alot of things have changed, like at the Glencliff game we had a penalty for a false start, and when they huddled up afterwards everyone was just laughing and joking around. from what i have heard everyone is having fun playing so that is a great sighn. Here is what i say concerning the playoffs. We will beat Franklin County, the Smyrna, then Riverdale, then who ever else we face. GO BLAZE!!! :o

No offense meant Blaze fans, but when you came to Franklin you looked pitiful and then Riverdale had their way with you. But then you turn your season around by beating Hendersonville and Oakland. When the season started everyone thought you would dominate. Did you just skip a beat and now your back on track or are you haviing ongoing peaks and valleys?

Let's put it like this bigdogdaddy, we've lost to 3 teams, 2 of them top 5 in the state and a good Lebanon team! I'd say if you asked Franklin, Riverdale, and Lebanon they probably played their best game of the year against us! In these 3 games we played our worst! We're a good team that has yet to play to our full potential and still we're 2nd in our tough region 4 and made it to the playoffs, not to mention this is our 2nd time in the dance in only our 2nd varsity season! There are no valleys in the playoffs just 1 and done. I "BELIEVE" the Blaze will peak in the playoffs and surprise some people! Hope I answered your question. :D

[Edited by slim589 on 11-4-02 1:31A]

Yeah slim, good choice of words. I think you know who I am but if you don't I am a old washed up offensive lineman from Blackman who is at UT-Martin. Good luck against Franklin County and I hope you guys have a better game than what we had to go through last year with them. I am going to try to make it if I can get to the boro in time. GOOD LUCK BLAZE!!! :D