Mt. Juliet at Station Camp

Cougar97

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'D Like to see station camp pull off an upset it will make district more interesting. I was impressed with what I saw from station camp this year. Qb play had improved and both malones are studs. I have yet to see the Bears play this year but have heard they are not as strong as the past 2 years but im sure they will keep improving

This is a HUGE game for both teams.  SC has been trying prove they belong in this league for a while.  For a couple of years now, they have been saying"in a couple of years,.........".  Well, I think for them it is put up, or shut up.  They have not won a game against a team of equal or greater talent, since moving to this district.  This is a chance to win a game against similar talent.  I still think SC has a little more talent (Malone, Anderton, Malone 2).  For MJ, they have done this before, BUT not with this Perry at the helm.  They have 2 unimpressive wins (a lot of teams would like to have that).  I think what goes on on the sidelines this week will play a major role in the outcome of the game.  Based on TALENT, I think it is Station Camp's game to lose.  If they do, I think it is the same ole, same ole at the Sumner County BOE's favorite High School.  My prediction, SC in a close one.

Agree with all the above

MJ did what it had to do but didn't look special at all in both wins over some cupcakes

This game will also tell us alot of what these teams are made of

Still not sold on SC , seeing alot of " we looked really good versus BHS" but guys you lost....

And even with JH playing in week 0 BHS is nowhere the team they were of the past

Look for a close one but MJ drives late to win it

MJ has faced two run oriented teams with 2 wins but haven't looked very impressive. They face a team with some talent and a team that can run or pass the ball. This will be a tough challenge for the MJ defense. MJ's offense has to start connecting on some short passes (bad throws by the QB and dropped passes)and cutting out alot of stupid penalties. SC played MJ tough last year in MJ and almost beat a more talented MJ team. This year the more talented team would be SC from what I've seen so far. Does that mean automatic win for them? Of course not. This should be a close game. If MJ's line play (offense and defense) don't start getting more aggressive they could lose by 14. It's time to start playing BEAR football! Go BEARS!

Edited by MJpride

Bears have too much depth for Station Camp. You saw it in the Beech game ; many of the Bison players were worn out going both ways. Same will happen this week. Game will be close. Bison will have trouble stopping Cheatham and Smith and Company; especially in the second half. MJ will have to clean up penalties.

Just too much depth for the bears. MJ get the win

MJ has not been impressive. Young defensive coaching staff  ( 3 new defensive coaches ) still learning.

Will be interesting to see how Antioch does vs Station Camp next week. Antioch has some athletes; not as bad as people think. They will win their district.

Bears have too much depth for Station Camp. You saw it in the Beech game ; many of the Bison players were worn out going both ways. Same will happen this week. Game will be close. Bison will have trouble stopping Cheatham and Smith and Company; especially in the second half. MJ will have to clean up penalties.

Just too much depth for the bears. MJ get the win

MJ has not been impressive. Young defensive coaching staff ( 3 new defensive coaches )

Will be interesting to see how Antioch does vs Station Camp next week. Antioch has some athletes; not as bad as people think. They will win their district.

Depth played more of a factor in the middle of the day than it will on a Friday night. Right now I would pick SC in a tight game, but who knows. SC may be the most talented team in the district, but talent doesn't always equal wins.

Which staff comes in with the best gameplan? Which team is most ready?

This is the hardest game in the State to pick.  Well, this and the Forrest vs. Moore County game.   I agree with all that's been said.  Josh Malone gets all the hype, but i was really impressed with Trey Malone in the Beech game.  I think having the extra week to prepare really helps Station Camp.  Beech exposed some things defensively that a great coaching staff would be able to correct in two weeks.  Give Station Camp a very slight edge is what should be a VERY close game.  If Station Camp doesn't protect ball and MJ is plus one in turnovers, give MJ the victory.

The MJ Bears have not looked great but they have won and seem to have that knowledge that they will win close games rather than hope they will win.  If they can keep it close the fact that they do not play both sides of the ball should help them in the second half.  SC is very talented but will have to win the turnover battle and find a way to win a "big" game.  MJ by 3 in a Great Game.