Crockett @ Science Hill - week 2

blazer1set

I think that Carter teaches his players to run when they are handed or thrown the ball and not to stop until they are either tackled or reach the end zone. That's it. Now if he's got his starters in there in the 3rd quarter during a beat-down like this there is no excuse for that but there is nothing wrong with letting your starters play the first half. It's not like they were continually trying to air it out when they were way ahead or something like that.

It is on the coaches to find a way to not embarrass a lesser opponent. This is basic coaching and life 101. If there was smack talk from DC, all the more reason to show restraint and class, if nothing else, to be an example for the kids. Let me say it in a way SC may understand......"Do unto others......"

Does anyone not think DB, in years past, could have hung up 100 on any number of opponents and make the excuses as stated above. They did not.

I don't know who you got next but I do know who you got on November 1st. ROLL TRIBE

Should be fun, huh!?

As a DB fan I need to take up for Science Hill for a minute. We have gone through the debate for a long time especially last year. If your opponent sucks you just can't help it. We would pull most of our starters in the 1st half of these crappy games and it still wouldn't matter. Your backups practice just the same as your starters. This is where they should be rewarded for there hard work and it builds depth. So if you have a problem with giving up too many points I've only got one thing to say. GET BETTER!!!! It's not our fault that you can't. It's your coaching. You can't tell me there is that much difference in players in this area.

Agreed :)

When I heard the score I figured that SH would have had1000 yards offense but they didn't. They had 644. You can't ask kids to lay down after they are ahead by a lot. Winning programs have a killer mentality. Their 2nd and 3rd teams are better because they compete against better players. This is why their basketball teams are so good too. Cherokee has been on the receiving end of one sided games too but I have a lot of respect for SH.

True

People like to judge even though they haven't witnessed what happened.

I've noticed not much talk about Science Hill's deliberate delay of game penalties and taking the knee to keep from scoring. SH cleared the bench...ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO SAY - "Now 3rd string running back, we are going to hand the ball off to you up the middle...DON'T RUN HARD!"???

I'm over it!

AGREED STACY CARTER WAS A JERK WHEN HE WAS AT SOUTH AND HE IS A JERK AT SH 90 POINTS THAT IS PITIFUL KARMA IS A ***** IT WILL COME BACK TO U TRUST ME!

I find this really funny.  Carter is a jerk because he won a football game.  I guess having a winning program makes you a jerk.  Let me guess, Saban, Spurrier, Miles, and Richt are all jerks but Dooley and Joker Phillips are outstanding people.  Maybe you should find out more about the things he does in the community and the openness he has with his players before you start judging.  I take it that he has got the best of your team in the past and this is the only venue you have for retaliation. 

Here are some facts from the game.  Crockett players were on public forums calling SH players racist names and talking about how they were going to beat SH.  In response to this, one of the SH captains, who is african american, instructed his team to not respond and to take it out on the field.  If this was a "classless" coach, and a "classless" team then there would have been several personal foul penalties and cheap shots.  None of this happened. 

Now as far as running up the score goes, SH threw the ball 6 times in the game.  All of which were in the first half alone.  The starters only played the first half and their scores came on long runs.  I guess the SH players should have just fallen down or ran half speed so the same guys that were calling them racist names earlier in the week could make a tackle.  Check the stats for yourself.  The Crockett coach even stated in the local paper that SH wasn't trying to run up the score and this is right after the game when the wound is fresh.  How can anyone say you are running up the score when you are playing your 2nd and 3rd team the entire second half and you don't even throw a pass. 

I think we could all agree that if SH wanted to score over 100 points that this could have easily been done by two things.  Either keep the starters in or keep putting the ball in the air.  None of this occurred.  Now the question is how could a team score 90 points after the clock runs continuously?  The answer is that you have to have some kind of help...  In this case the help came from the oponent because they weren't able to stop the run.