Henry County hosts Ridgeway: Week 3

MSURacer

I know a lot of emphasis has been put on Ridgeway's passing game. Their RB ran for 306 last game. I don't think the run game for Ridgeway will amass that much yardage against HC. My point of bringing that up is this; Ridgeway's offense is pretty balanced, but thier offense does revolve around their QB and he's pretty darned good.  One of the best, if NOT the best, HC may face this year.

Ridgeway's 'D' had 38 put on them by Olive Branch. Southwind only managed 8 points. Will Ridgeway's 'D' be able to slow down HC's offense enough to outscore them?  That's the question. I personally think HC wins this game. I think Home field advantage will be huge. I don't think it will be intimidating to Ridgeway ... but it will be an advantage.

How is HC's passing game? Any deep threats on the wings? How many yards do you avergae through the air?

I'm curious to see how this one plays out. The one thing I do know. This one will be worth the price of admission.

This HC team does pass the ball a little more than in recent years, but still definitely a run-first offense. Through 3 games, our QB is 22 of 38 passing and has been good for about 70-80 yards through the air per game. And though he's not as fast as the likes of Marsalis Teague and Najee Ray, he is still the next in a long line of dual threat QB's we have had. He ran for 120 yards against Beech and made numerous plays with his legs in our other two games.

And we do have a nice group of receivers, led by 6'4" Brandon Donaldson who already has 14 receptions on the year. 

I agree this will be worth the price of admission.

This HC team does pass the ball a little more than in recent years, but still definitely a run-first offense. Through 3 games, our QB is 22 of 38 passing and has been good for about 70-80 yards through the air per game. And though he's not as fast as the likes of Marsalis Teague and Najee Ray, he is still the next in a long line of dual threat QB's we have had. He ran for 120 yards against Beech and made numerous plays with his legs in our other two games.

And we do have a nice group of receivers, led by 6'4" Brandon Donaldson who already has 14 receptions on the year. 

I agree this will be worth the price of admission.

6'4" tall huh? In the red zone that's a fade to the corner if ever there was such a thing!

The one thing that you can't account for until it happens is special teams play. I don't think Ridgeway will be kicking any 30 yard field goals, but their return game will be pretty good. How is HC's kicking game? Have you kicked any FG's this year? If so, how long is your longest FG?

Special teams play will be importatnt. I think RW's punt team pinned one on the one yard line against Olive Branch. What do you think of HC's special teams  play thus far?

6'4" tall huh? In the red zone that's a fade to the corner if ever there was such a thing!

The one thing that you can't account for until it happens is special teams play. I don't think Ridgeway will be kicking any 30 yard field goals, but their return game will be pretty good. How is HC's kicking game? Have you kicked any FG's this year? If so, how long is your longest FG?

Special teams play will be importatnt. I think RW's punt team pinned one on the one yard line against Olive Branch. What do you think of HC's special teams play thus far?

HC has their best kicker possibly ever. He hits the endzone regularly on KOs and has hit a couple of 40 plus yard FGs. The punter is very good too but hasn't had many opportunities to show his skills. The returners are also electric & can take it to the house anytime. In my opinion, HC's special teams are very very strong.

Edited by SEC1rules

HC has their best kicker possibly ever. He hits the endzone regularly on KOs and has hit a couple of 40 plus yard FGs. The punter is very good too but hasn't had many opportunities to show his skills. The returners are also electric can take it to the house anytime. In my opinion, HC's special teams are very very strong.

Hitting the EZ on kickoffs is a weapon! A couple of 40 yarders huh? That's pretty awsome. I see glancing at last week's box score statistics that RW gave up a KO TD against SW. I'm pretty sure that the RW special teams coach will be addressing that. That's a part of the game that can't be overlooked. HC has the advantage in the kicking game.

HC has their best kicker possibly ever. He hits the endzone regularly on KOs and has hit a couple of 40 plus yard FGs. The punter is very good too but hasn't had many opportunities to show his skills. The returners are also electric & can take it to the house anytime. In my opinion, HC's special teams are very very strong.

That is a good point. I earlier said the defense was the strongest unit on the team, but it very well could be the special teams.