Henry County hosts Ridgeway: Week 3

MSURacer

Congrats to HC on a big win against Ridgeway. This was truly a team win. Very impressed with the defensive front for battling the huge offensive line they faced. They definitely held their own and then some. Stay focused on the road in front of you and don't get distracted and this TEAM will maybe get to play in Dec.

On a another part of the game i would like to send out kudos to the HCHS band. They put on an exceptional halftime show. I know these kids put in a lot of hard work and practice time to be able to preform like they did Friday night. Like the new uniforms as well.

I am not a parent of a player or a band member, just a causal fan of the BIG RED!!!!

KWC...Ridgeway is a very talented football team...how do they compare to East who nearly got the best of White Station tonite and how do they compare to Melrose?

QBClubPrez:

To date, I don't know. Melrose and East are District 16 teams. Whitehaven plays all three of those teams this year. Whitehaven's next four games are Melrose, Ridgeway, Sacred Hart-Griffin (Ill), and East. Not a slouch in the bunch. District 16 has become that much stronger. Central is a very much improved team that lost by two points to Melrose last week and by two points to Whitehaven this past Friday. Memphis East just lost it's 1st game to a very good White Station team and Melrose is 4-0 on the season.

From what I can gather, East's team has a very fast and effective defense. Melrose can score points. The Melrose coaching staff is in their 2nd year and the HC and some of the staff I believe, played for Melrose when they made 3 consecutive trips to the championship game in 3A back in the mid 90's. They won two gold balls and one silver during that span.

I think those three will be the top dogs in 5A coming out of the city Memphis. Ridgeway also plays East later on this season. The 5A scene in Memphis is about to get rough. All three of those teams are going to be tough outs for anybody!

Man ... there are so many good games on the horizon.

P.S.

Congrats on the big win HC.

Edited by kwc

Hey I just have to tip my hat off to the HC program.. The loudest fan base I have ever experienced in my life.  I rembember thinking my senior yr coming to that big red house and even when we were up 20-0 yall fan base was still rocking.  Here at Melrose I thought we would never hear a crowd louder than ours but I stood corrected!! (no disrespect to my home crowd)  Its hard to get a feel on you guys because I honestly I felt (like many others in Memphis) than you were the big fish in a small pond out there.  I think yall have switched coaches since my yrs (04-07) but the program is solid and consistent.  If anyone can answer I was wondering what happened with those last 2 yrs when yall had Teague and Allen.  I was sure after beating us yall were going state?

Hey I just have to tip my hat off to the HC program.. The loudest fan base I have ever experienced in my life.  I rembember thinking my senior yr coming to that big red house and even when we were up 20-0 yall fan base was still rocking.  Here at Melrose I thought we would never hear a crowd louder than ours but I stood corrected!! (no disrespect to my home crowd)  Its hard to get a feel on you guys because I honestly I felt (like many others in Memphis) than you were the big fish in a small pond out there.  I think yall have switched coaches since my yrs (04-07) but the program is solid and consistent.  If anyone can answer I was wondering what happened with those last 2 yrs when yall had Teague and Allen.  I was sure after beating us yall were going state?

We lost in the semifinals 3 straight years-- had a couple of near misses!! Always enjoyed our trips to Orange Mound.Great, great atmosphere there!!!

GO BIG RED

I just read the box scores from the game. I knew Ridgeway would have some big offensive numbers, but four turnovers will usually cost you the game. Three INT's and a lost fumble will kill your momentum every time.

Great Game HC ... very good win!

| PATRIOT GAME STATISTICS|

Patriot game statistics

Score by quarters

Henry County 8-14-3-7—32

Ridgeway 14-0-0-8—22

Scoring plays

First quarter

Ridgeway — Braxton Conrad 13-yard pass to Katavious Taylor. Conrad pass to Marquette Murdock for 2-point conversion. 6:44. Ridgeway 8-0.

Henry County — Keshon Love 35-yard touchdown run. Colton Randolph run for 2-point conversion. 6:07. Henry County 8-8.

Ridgeway — Conrad 16-yard pass to Caymon Gordon. Conversion attempt failed. 3:32. Ridgeway 14-8.

Second quarter

Henry County — Jeremiah Godbott 6-yard run. Bryan Rammel kick. 2:43. Henry County 15-14.

Henry County — Nathaniel Godbott 37-yard interception return. Rammel kick. 55 seconds. Henry County 22-14.

Third quarter

Henry County — Rammel 33-yard field goal. 8:27. Henry County 25-14.

Fourth quarter

Henry County — Randolph 16-yard run. Rammel kick. 7:46. Henry County 32-14

Ridgeway — Conrad 70-yard pass to Taylor. Conrad pass to Gordon for 2-point conversion. 16 seconds. Henry County 32-22.

Team statistics

First downs: Henry County 14, Ridgeway 18

Rushing yards: Henry County 211, Ridgeway 58

Passing yards: Henry County 71, Ridgeway 359

Total yards: Henry County 282, Ridgeway 417

Pass attempts/completions/interceptions: Henry County 9/4/1, Ridgeway 46/21/3

Punts/average: Henry County 6/30.6, Ridgeway 3/36.7

Penalties/yards: Henry County 2/20, Ridgeway 7/65

Fumbles/lost: Henry County 0/0, Ridgeway 1/1

Patriots’ individual statistics

Rushing attempts/yards/touchdowns: Jeremiah Godbott 14/86/1; Colton Randolph 9/58/1; Keshon Love 11/45/1; Nathan Scott 5/17/0; Brevin Odom 4/5/0.

Pass attempts/completions/yards/interceptions: Colton Randolph 9/4/71/1.

Pass receptions/yards: Blake Frey 2/22; Brandon Donaldson 1/40; Nathan Scott 1/9.

Tackles/assists/sacks: Tanner Beasley 8/5/2; Dennis Tharpe Jr. 6/2/1; Justin Ramos 6/2; Ashton Cate 5/3; Shontel Thompson 5/0.

Interceptions/yards/touchdowns: Nathaniel Godbott 1/37/1; Shontel Thompson 1/34/0; Evan Harrison 1/0/0.

Edited by kwc

I just read the box scores from the game. I knew Ridgeway would have some big offensive numbers, but four turnovers will usually cost you the game. Three INT's and a lost fumble will kill your momentum every time.

Great Game HC ... very good win!

| PATRIOT GAME STATISTICS|

Patriot game statistics

Score by quarters

Henry County 8-14-3-7—32

Ridgeway 14-0-0-8—22

Scoring plays

First quarter

Ridgeway — Braxton Conrad 13-yard pass to Katavious Taylor. Conrad pass to Marquette Murdock for 2-point conversion. 6:44. Ridgeway 8-0.

Henry County — Keshon Love 35-yard touchdown run. Colton Randolph run for 2-point conversion. 6:07. Henry County 8-8.

Ridgeway — Conrad 16-yard pass to Caymon Gordon. Conversion attempt failed. 3:32. Ridgeway 14-8.

Second quarter

Henry County — Jeremiah Godbott 6-yard run. Bryan Rammel kick. 2:43. Henry County 15-14.

Henry County — Nathaniel Godbott 37-yard interception return. Rammel kick. 55 seconds. Henry County 22-14.

Third quarter

Henry County — Rammel 33-yard field goal. 8:27. Henry County 25-14.

Fourth quarter

Henry County — Randolph 16-yard run. Rammel kick. 7:46. Henry County 32-14

Ridgeway — Conrad 70-yard pass to Taylor. Conrad pass to Gordon for 2-point conversion. 16 seconds. Henry County 32-22.

Team statistics

First downs: Henry County 14, Ridgeway 18

Rushing yards: Henry County 211, Ridgeway 58

Passing yards: Henry County 71, Ridgeway 359

Total yards: Henry County 282, Ridgeway 417

Pass attempts/completions/interceptions: Henry County 9/4/1, Ridgeway 46/21/3

Punts/average: Henry County 6/30.6, Ridgeway 3/36.7

Penalties/yards: Henry County 2/20, Ridgeway 7/65

Fumbles/lost: Henry County 0/0, Ridgeway 1/1

Patriots’ individual statistics

Rushing attempts/yards/touchdowns: Jeremiah Godbott 14/86/1; Colton Randolph 9/58/1; Keshon Love 11/45/1; Nathan Scott 5/17/0; Brevin Odom 4/5/0.

Pass attempts/completions/yards/interceptions: Colton Randolph 9/4/71/1.

Pass receptions/yards: Blake Frey 2/22; Brandon Donaldson 1/40; Nathan Scott 1/9.

Tackles/assists/sacks: Tanner Beasley 8/5/2; Dennis Tharpe Jr. 6/2/1; Justin Ramos 6/2; Ashton Cate 5/3; Shontel Thompson 5/0.

Interceptions/yards/touchdowns: Nathaniel Godbott 1/37/1; Shontel Thompson 1/34/0; Evan Harrison 1/0/0.

KWC - but if a team is forced (or decides) to pass 46 times they have to accept the risk of more turnovers. HC actually had a greater percentage of passes intercepted than RHS, they  just didn't pass as often. But still the RHS QB was very good.

KWC - but if a team is forced (or decides) to pass 46 times they have to accept the risk of more turnovers. HC actually had a greater percentage of passes intercepted than RHS, they  just didn't pass as often. But still the RHS QB was very good.

No doubt ... but my point is this. You have to take care of the ball. HC capitalized off of Ridgeway turnovers. That's what good teams do.