Henry County hosts Ridgeway: Week 3

MSURacer

Fun one to watch. Power rankings have them number 1 ... 2 in the state. Preview of what we'll see in Cookeville:

9 HENRY COUNTY 5A 2 0 0 125.27 138.28

17 RIDGEWAY 5A 0 1 0 50.00 134.13

I like your optimism but the latest these 2 could play would be the semis. It would most likely be a quarter final matchup if they do play again. However, that's a long way off and anything can happen between now & then.

No Film on Henry Co. and I've only seen highlights of Ridgeway... They don't have the Super Explosive SEC speed having backs any longer but what they do have is the Best QB in Shelby-Metro HANDS DOWN. If Henry Co. still has good athletes with speed on Defense yall should win, if not Ridgeway will put up a smooth 40 points and get a victory. Here's hoping the latter more so than the former. 

Memphis City, eh I mean Shelby Co. School pride   :mrgreen:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

No Film on Henry Co. and I've only seen highlights of Ridgeway... They don't have the Super Explosive SEC speed having backs any longer but what they do have is the Best QB in Shelby-Metro HANDS DOWN. If Henry Co. still has good athletes with speed on Defense yall should win, if not Ridgeway will put up a smooth 40 points and get a victory. Here's hoping the latter more so than the former. 

Ridgeway's run game got off last week against Southwind. The RB for Ridgeway had 300 plus last week. They put 49 on Southwind this past weekend. I don't know what to think about Southwind though. Last year they played in the third round of the 6A playoffs. I don't know if they make it this year. We will see. Back to Ridgeway ... Their offense is stellar. They will give up some points, but they will score a lot. I've watched highlights on Ridgeway as well. I'm going to post links below.

2013 Ridgeway Football highlights filmed by Ridgeway Football

Ridgeway vs Olive Branch 2013 by Cityballers

This is a taste of what Ridgeway can do. The game against Olive Branch is against last year's 2012 Mississippi Large School state champs. OB is loaded again ... that's a good team Ridgeway lost against.

P.S.

Get a look at those two tackles for OB (#72 & #76 respectively). Absolute MONSTERS!

Edited by kwc

Best quarterback by what measures?  Overall ability with passing and running skills and intellect for the game, great accurate arm, speed and elusiveness?  Can you elaborate?

Best quarterback by what measures?  Overall ability with passing and running skills and intellect for the game, great accurate arm, speed and elusiveness?  Can you elaborate?

By what measures... hmmm

He has incredible poise in the pocket whether its a str8 drop back or PA pass. He's SUPER accurate! I've not seen an Inner City Memphis QB as accurate as him since Will Gross from Melrose or Whitehaven's very own T-Money Mitchell, who is at APSU getting PT at QB. He has a Live Arm. I can't say I've seen him throw a ton of Deep Comebacks and Deep Outs but his Deep ball is on point along with his Hooks, Slants, Posts and TE seem throws. He has pretty good feet and of course he's Athletic and Seems to have Major Control of the Ridgeway offense as he's been Starting since he was a 10th grader. I think he's a Jr. this season.

Does that answer your question??? If not Watch some of the highlights that are on youtube or get some film of him. I'm sure you'll be impressed.   :geek:

I know BHS has already answered your question but I'm in agreement with him about Mr. Conard. There is another QB over at Arlington who is having a really nice season as well, and he's probably thrown for more yardage then the Ridgeway QB. The Ridgeway QB, howver, is quite exquisite. He's a pocket passer who can run, but make no mistake about it, he lives to shred defenses. He throws the ball around to different receivers, although his favorite is his TE. You guys will get to see a treat this Friday. You won't be disappointed.

He's SUPER accurate! I've not seen an Inner City Memphis QB as accurate as him since Will Gross from Melrose or Whitehaven's very own T-Money Mitchell, who is at APSU getting PT at QB.

I actually think Mr. Conrad is more accurate Mitchell. Will Gross ... now that's another matter altogether.

Just think ... he's only a Junior!

Edited by kwc

Thanks for your answers.  What about the offensive line?  Surely he can't do all that without a LOT of protection.

Facts:

I posted two links to some Youtube videos of recent games. You can watch those and get a feel for what you want to know about the offensive line and defensive line and the whole 9 yards. When you get an opportunity, go view them. They've played two games and a jamboree to date and there are highlights from all of them.

I have to admit that the person who is responsible for recording Ridgeway's games does a pretty good job. There is also an additional video provided by Cityballers of the Olive Branch game. Good stuff. All of your questions can be answered there.