Dresden takes on Obion County

ysoangry

After last night's game I think we need to change up the schedule for next year & refuse to play Obion County again. Let's hope that film will be reviewed by their administration & by TSSAA & some changes will be made. What was going on after the plays & in piles should not be allowed to happen. Jolley gets ejected for trying to defend himself in a pile & keep his ankle from getting broke. Unreal! The game would have never gotten out of control if the refs would have taken care of it in the 1t qtr.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the most undisciplined game I've ever watched. The refs had no control. I didn't see it being as one sided as some others apparently do. I saw too much after whistle engagement by both sides, and I saw both sides taking advantage of what the refs allowed to happen. I would have benched several players if I were the coach, on both teams. Once the flags started flying I saw lots of baiting and lots of response to it. It could have been a good game if not for the lack of discipline. But to say that OC was dirty just isn't so. The majority of the personal fouls weren't for dirty play, they were for staying engaged after the whistle, and both sides were engaging. But instead of controlling the game, the refs decided to just through flags at anyone who breathed wrong. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but I saw both sides playing the same game.

Now, for the serious part, the aroma wasn't as bad as I've "enjoyed" in the past.

Dresden has been told since Obion County was put on the schedule how dirty OC plays. Your middle school even played dirty against us. From what I saw Fri night, Dresden didn't start off taking cheap shots until OC started making them & the refs were not calling it. Then Dresden started defending themselves & laying the wood. Our player got ejected for trying to keep his ankle from getting broke in a pile. In years past, I'll admit that Dresden has had a couple of dirty players but when the majority of your team plays that way, I'd say that's how they're being coached. Get a new coach, teach some discipline & get those boys in shape & you could have a good team. There's some talent there.

And OC heard how dirty Dresden plays before the season as well. I don't think either was playing dirty, I think both were playing what the refs allowed. And I did not see it as one-sided. Regardless, we will not agree. As far as the middle school, I call crap on that one. I was on the OC sideline and the middle school game was not dirty in any way. I know those coaches and kids personally and there is no truth to that. And I do not believe the coaches at OC are teaching to play dirty. As I said, there were more instances of staying engaged after the play than anything and though it may be undisciplined, I don't see that as being dirty. As for Truthteller's "typical OC football" comment, get real. Yes, there were probably 10 personals against OC, and probably 5-7 personals and unsportsmanlike against Dresden. I saw both teams get their heads crooked and forget the game for some time. Unfortunately for OC, Dresden got their heads back in it and the Rebels didn't. I agree that the kids are taught to go as long as the ref allows and those refs were horrible in never reeling in control. By the way, just how professional was the Dresden coach in getting on the field yelling at the Rebel players? Is this the same guy that threw official's flags under the bleachers previously? Doesn't matter, thankfully kids play the game and most grownups support them in positive ways. I believe the conduct of both teams should be embarrassing for each. Neither will help their program or their reputation in a game such as that.

Both teams should be ashamed of the play in the second half- it goes both ways though and with both sides involved and that includes the hot headed Dresden assistant coach that ran across the field at half and got in the refs face and got the team penalized to start the second half. I've heard that's not the first time that's happened. You folks may want to address your own issues instead of worrying about what Obion needs to do with a coach- He's just continuing to clean up the Mess that was left to him by Dude when he left and that includes both on the field issues (discipline, fumbles, etc.) and Off the field issues that have plagued the program over the last several years as well. As for the game- OC layed the ball on the ground too much and good teams will take advantage of that and Dresden did , converting the first 3 OC turnovers into Touchdowns. Take nothing away from the Lions, they are a solid team and the Fr. QB is legit. They should go far in post-season and hope they do. the UC/Dresden game in a couple of weeks should be a good matchup. In conclusion as it relates to the game, nobody is the 'victim' and innocent here, both teams did some dirty stuff and should clean up their acts going forward.

Totally agree. Our boys will get after it with the best of them. The refs control how long the kids stay engaged and ultimately what the teams will get away with. I have no problem with oc, coaches or players. I think they are a work in progres that will continue to improve with the support of community, team and coaches.

I will say this if any of our coaches think a team is trying yo hurt a player they will make s scene with refs and or coaches. I'm glad he is concerned enough to do it. Good luck to oc the rest of the year. Don't think bruceton won't play until the echo of the whistle. lol

As a former official, if you don't clean up the dirty stuff from the start you have a hard time getting it under control later. I believe both teams were hyped up for this game with it being homecoming and OC going for the upset and ruining homecoming. With that being said does not excuse what was going on, the coach's have to set the tone for player's conduct but sometimes you can only take so much. From my point of view OC was taking some shots on Winn after he handed the ball off to the rb. also OC Fan you said majority of flags were for baiting and engaging after whistle, where was the engaging for a thirty yard penalty on extra point and another fifteen yard for hitting the rb when he knelt on the ball at the end of the game.

And OC heard how dirty Dresden plays before the season as well. I don't think either was playing dirty, I think both were playing what the refs allowed. And I did not see it as one-sided. Regardless, we will not agree. As far as the middle school, I call crap on that one. I was on the OC sideline and the middle school game was not dirty in any way. I know those coaches and kids personally and there is no truth to that. And I do not believe the coaches at OC are teaching to play dirty. As I said, there were more instances of staying engaged after the play than anything and though it may be undisciplined, I don't see that as being dirty. As for Truthteller's "typical OC football" comment, get real. Yes, there were probably 10 personals against OC, and probably 5-7 personals and unsportsmanlike against Dresden. I saw both teams get their heads crooked and forget the game for some time. Unfortunately for OC, Dresden got their heads back in it and the Rebels didn't. I agree that the kids are taught to go as long as the ref allows and those refs were horrible in never reeling in control. By the way, just how professional was the Dresden coach in getting on the field yelling at the Rebel players? Is this the same guy that threw official's flags under the bleachers previously? Doesn't matter, thankfully kids play the game and most grownups support them in positive ways. I believe the conduct of both teams should be embarrassing for each. Neither will help their program or their reputation in a game such as that.

Didn't your coach come on the field & get a flag thrown on him as well? What I thought. Moving on to Bruceton....