Grundy County Football

curtislowe

So what would it take for you to say that Bryant has done an acceptable job this year? 1st round win? Qtr finals? Semis? Would anything satisfy you at this point?

And, BTW... It ain't no secret so if you are as close to the school as you claim you already know.

When did I claim I was close? We have seen five years with four wins against teams with a winning record. I would like to see some quality wins and our head coach not in the paper for all the wrong reasons.

Why post things that you know you won't give any details about? When it was said on here about the event that led to the coaches suspension, we knew that the details would be public within days. Will your info be public or is this more back door politics?

It's more back door politics. What are you referring to grad? There are issues in every school system, not just here in GRUNDY. We would like for someone that stuck his nose in something way back that wanted facts which we gave. Now decides to bring up something else but decides to plead the 5th when it comes to discussing it. And by the way 4-7 sucks no matter how you look at it in my book. The playoff system in Tennessee is terrible when it can have a 4-6 win Or even a 3-7 win team make the playoffs. IMO this should be impossible!!! It's rewarding a team for being terrible! We have been discussing our issues with our football program and sometimes athletics as a whole in GRUNDY. This has nothing to do with either. You opened this can of worms So air it out grad or take a hike IMO.

Edited by Beavcleaver

It's more back door politics. What are you referring to grad? There are issues in every school system, not just here in GRUNDY. We would like for someone that stuck his nose in something way back that wanted facts which we gave. Now decides to bring up something else but decides to plead the 5th when it comes to discussing it. And by the way 4-7 sucks no matter how you look at it in my book. The playoff system in Tennessee is terrible when it can have a 4-6 win Or even a 3-7 win team make the playoffs. IMO this should be impossible!!! It's rewarding a team for being terrible! We have been discussing our issues with our football program and sometimes athletics as a whole in GRUNDY. This has nothing to do with either. You opened this can of worms So air it out grad or take a hike IMO.

So what you are saying is you would rather us not go to the playoffs? Are you kidding me? So what if we make it only winning 4 games. Do you not think these kids deserve to go? I know you do not support the coaching staff. You have made that clear. But at least support the kids. They have played their guts out since the South Pitt game and they deserve to go.

Do you really want to go and play an upperman team that will beat you like signal beat us? It was a mercy rule the whole second half, in case you forgot. We barely got out of Cumberland county with a W Friday night. Not sure if you were there or not, but to me it was a very ugly and sloppy game. Cumberland county's record is 1-8 that's pretty terrible IMO. If you ask me if these kids deserve to go yes they do! But honestly it should be in a better position than they are in. If we had a coaching staff we would have been, and we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we. I'm not sure why the people in this county are happy with things being mediocre to pitiful! I think people don't have the backbone to step up and do something about it! I'm sorry that you don't feel the way I do about things but when is losing alright and ok? Like I said before we were expecting a great year this year. At the first of the year we had great turnouts at the games ever since the sequatchie game other than homecoming look at our crowds? I bet at signal and Cumberland county we didn't have 200 people. That's pitiful IMO. You made the statement you haven't missed only a handful of games if so then you have seen this also. Who follows a losing team? If your winning you get all kinds of backing. Even our student body could care less. We never have a student cheering section. I was told we were taking a pep bus now for free for the kids and they can't even get anyone to ride. Go figure! It's hard to get excited when your losing. This county's young people deserves better. Sometimes change is good. Whether we like it or not, which most people doesn't. We have a new administration at our high school which I back I might add! We need to continue making changes with new blood and not continue the same ole GRUNDY county Bull. Where has that gotten us??

We beat Upperman last year 21-7.

Upperman went 4-6 last year. Not a quality win there billy. This year about to be 10-0. I don't think I would be so quick to compare the two.

I wish every kid could experience the playoffs. That can't happen. The only reason sub .500 teams get in is more money for T$$AA... We all want grundy to be successful. Do these kids deserve it sure but the coaches should have put them in a better position. You said before the coaches don't block and tackle, they do teach those things don't they? If a team goes 0-10 but thier kids played thier guts out do they deserve to go to the playoffs? Where do you draw the line? I draw that line at sub .500. Sorry if that is harsh but not everyone gets a trophy.

This is not last year. Totally different Upperman team. They will not be challenged until the 3rd round.

I realize that but everyone is totally counting this team out. I would not be so quick to do that. I think we can challenge them. I have been wrong before and I might be this time. This is not the same Grundy team we saw at the first of the year.

I realize that but everyone is totally counting this team out. I would not be so quick to do that. I think we can challenge them. I have been wrong before and I might be this time. This is not the same Grundy team we saw at the first of the year.

That let's me know you weren't there Friday night because it was same old stuff luckily it was a one win CC team. Tiger fan someone's looking through rose colored glasses! Edited by Beavcleaver