Grundy County Football

curtislowe

I don't really agree with that. Honestly I think we would be better off with what we have now. I have said all along we don't need to jump into anything hastily. There needs to be a group or committee picked that will put all the ties with GRUNDY mess aside and get a coach with a background to do the job. Someone mentioned if we did this then a couple of good seasons then a big school would come after him. Here's my thing if he turns the program around and makes it a winning program pay him a salary and keep him here. Lets don't let him use GRUNDY as a stepping stone. Our baseball team an softball teams has finally gotten things turned in the right direction I believe. Give them 5 years and I promise you will see huge gains in these programs. Not sure about our hardwood teams though. Girls I'm still straddling the fence on and the boys well we all know about that too. Any more ideas here?

Edited by Beavcleaver

I don't really agree with that. Honestly I think we would be better off with what we have now. I have said all along we don't need to jump into anything hastily. There needs to be a group or committee picked that will put all the ties with GRUNDY mess aside and get a coach with a background to do the job. Someone mentioned if we did this then a couple of good seasons then a big school would come after him. Here's my thing if he turns the program around and makes it a winning program pay him a salary and keep him here. Lets don't let him use GRUNDY as a stepping stone. Our baseball team an softball teams has finally gotten things turned in the right direction I believe. Give them 5 years and I promise you will see huge gains in these programs. Not sure about our hardwood teams though. Girls I'm still straddling the fence on and the boys well we all know about that too. Any more ideas here?

good kid but he's not ready.  not enough experience.  we made this mistake before, hiring a head coach without any,(little) experience

The young Pickett is just that young. He has great potential. However part of the problem has been bringing in people with no experience. Everyone has to start somewhere but they need to have worked under experienced coaches. They need to learn from someone. Grundy can't afford to have more head coaches learn on the job. If there is a change at some point it might be good to bring in the young Pickett but with a more experienced head coach to learn from. There were good coaches looking at this job last time and there will be in the future. Sooner or later.