Grundy County Football

curtislowe

Thanks Rick. I do not think we are going to get mercy ruled in this one. These boys will make a game of it.

You have been saying that all year! If my family was coaching I would think that too! The ship is sinking when are you and and family members gonna realize its time to move on. Don't take it personal it's just both programs are suffering! Edited by Beavcleaver

Another night where Grundy had to face the mercy rule. Another night where Grundy stays some what close at half only to give up three scores in 1st 5 minutes of second half. Why is it every time we are close to a quality team they out coach us at half time? We have finished the 5th year with Bryant in charge. What happens now? Does he realize no one has bought into his program and move on? Do the powers that be make a move? So we maintain the status quo, because Grundy can't do any better and this is the best we can give to future players? Where happens next?

Edited by Opie

Opie this is what happens next, NOTHING!! No one in our admin has the guts to do anything! It's same old GRUNDY county BS that's been going on for years. Now it's basketball season another sport where the clowns are! You think football is bad, goodnight!! I support all GRUNDY athletics! Always have and always will! All the other programs I feel are ok right now but these 2 that been mentioned are in need of a desperate change! Wake up people! The time is now. Don't you agree??

Edited by Beavcleaver

Rank Upperman compared to who all yall have played this year, intereted in the opinions

If you played our schedule you guys would be 7-3. Losing to SP, SM, ND. Only getting blown out in the SM game, you guys could keep it close with the other two. Rams will be a great test for you guys this week. They are quick, play ball control and keep the score in the 20's and you have a chance. But personally I don't think you have the defense for the Rams, Just being honest with you, you asked.

Edited by THEDOC

Where does Grundy go from here? I don't see any changes coming down the pipe! No guts, No glory. I have talked to several people and our feeder program has it going on from the very little fellers to the bigger fellers. I know coach that does not mean anything, but it does show to me that we have some talent and as a coach I would be proud of the program. I hearing we as coaches want to do away with the middle school because its to much of a headache. I know we need a middle school, but it is what it is and we need to find solutions to make things work the way it is at the present time. It has been shown that it has worked in the past. It just needs leadership from the top to the bottom.

Sorry for rambling just my thoughts!!!

Rank Upperman compared to who all yall have played this year, intereted in the opinions

If Upperman played our schedule, I would see them 5-5 at best with loses to:

Marion        9-2

South Pitt    9-1

Silverdale   10-1

Signal         8-3

ND              8-3

Just my opinion.

With that being said Grundy Fans. Did we not beat everyone we were supposed to beat this year? Other than Sequatchie? All you folks that holler we have more talent than these teams I just listed are plum loco. WE do have talent at Grundy. I am not saying we don't. But so do the teams that we play. Ranked 8th in strength of schedule in our Division. I have been saying this all year but most (not all) of you want to see it. It's not like the teams we lost to this year are cupcakes!!!

Combined record of the teams that have beaten us this year is 60-16. You do the math.

Edited by MtnGoatBilly