Oak Ridge vs. the "Other Tribe" aka McMinn Co.

boyfromsi

Thank ye, LOD! Wildcats, Congratulations on win no. 600 in the history of our program. Been playing since 1943. Overall record of 600-173-11 Pretty darn impressive being we have been

playing 20 or so less years then a lot of other top historical teams in TN. We didn't play very good tonight, but hats off to McMinn for bringing the fight. That's a better team than their record,

believe that. Just ask Alcoa fans, they would say the same thing. With all of that said, we need to improve a lot to beat some of the better teams in the district. Milestone win tonight. A win is a win.

Agreed! Scrappy team. Good up front with pretty good speed to match. I would definitely take them over William Blount! Lol!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about AC he dont mind to loose to us does he...lol

Its just different Space. Oak Ridge & Clinton were having battles on the field before AC ever existed. Oak Ridge has always been and will always be the one team on Clinton's schedule that we would love to beat every year. With Clinton's program struggling over the last 10+ years, with the exception of 08 & 09, this rivalry has lost its luster so to speak. But hopefully Clinton will give everyone a run for their money the next couple of years. Who knows?

And Bounder, in response to your post on the Stanton thread, I hope you never really expected to go to the Big Bowl this year. I never expected to win more than 6-7 games

Nah  earlier in the year I was talking with a Henry County fan and said,  wouldn't it be great if we could play them for the state championship. Since Joe had been in both places.  Knowing all along it wouldn't happen for a few years. And LOD is a friend from Riverdale and we post back and forth and just have some fun on here.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Congrats to Oak Ridge on win 600! McMinn is a good team which is why I picked a 10 point spread. I was actually encouraged by our defense, we had 2 breakdowns that lead to scores, but our D line played their best game of the season. We are only going to get better there. My biggest concern is our lack of toughness on offense. McMinn had there way with us on almost every play. We need to get that fixed in a hurry.

I agree Neil our O line couldn't have stopped me last night. And I didn't see much blocking on the outsides either. Doesn't do much good to throw a screen if the only people on the outside are the other team. One running back and 4 defenders ain't good. But we won and that's all that counts! There I said something positive. But we have to improve!!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL