Pick'em

MVM

Not sure where the pick schedule came from (Oak Ridge doesn't play Farragut until next week).. I am doing okay (darn you Baylor) only one miss, I don't count ties...

Ok....

Bradley.................vs Cleveland CLEVELAND  YEAH CLEVELAND 3-2
Grace................... vs Soddy GRACE (just because rumor has it they are looking good this season) YEAH GRACE 2-1
ND ........................vs CCS NOTRE DAME (Of Course....I will be there)...BOO TIE 0-0
McMinn Central.... vs Silverdale CENTRAL easily!  PLAY TONIGHT
E Hamilton............vs Cleveland EAST HAMILTON (I got a feelin') PLAY TONIGHT

From Across the state...(GUESS WORK HERE FOR ME...)

Oak Ridge.............vs Farragut FARRAGUT PLAY ON THE 24TH
Bearden................vs Baylor BAYLOR (Not that impressed with Bearden last year, Baylor is down so coin toss for me here) BOO BEARDEN WON 2-0
Brentwood.............vs Franklin FRANKLIN  YEAH FRANKLIN WON 1-0
CAK.......................vs Catholic CATHOLIC- 'cause everyone knows God love Catholic soccer) GO CATHOLICS 4-1
Hardin Valley.........vs Maryville HARDIN VALLEY (heard good things)  BOO TIE 1-1

and NOTRE DAME takes on SODDY this Thursday...going IRISH on this game!!!

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Two strong wills...but also big talents!  If they come to play, watch out.

This game will be won between the ears IMHO.

If Booger's game comments from the ND v Soddy game are true, then ND will be feeling the loss of their great keeper due to a red card at that game when they play for the #1 seed in their district game on Tuesday versus Signal...Backline will step up hopefully and keep the backup keeper bored....

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

GRACE 1

BOYD 0

Too close for comfort but a good wake up call for the Lady Golden Eagles.  Don't think some of them took Boyd seriously and was disappointed in some slow first steps to the ball especially in midfield.  That aint gonna fly against the likes of CCS next week!  Hopefully they are starting to realize that most everyone is going to try to bring their A game against them as they continue to keep winning. 

Credit to Boyd coach for solid game plan of packing it in on D to slow down the swarm that is Grace's young front line right now.  They also came out very physical perhaps in an attempt to try to intimidate some of the younger LGEs with a cheap shot on one of our 8th graders as she finished a play earlier in the game... and then high fiving while she was down :| .  Fortunately, she is okay and just got the wind knocked out of her.

Since the officials failed to reign it in, after about the third one of those by the same Boyd player I was glad to see the Grace veterans step it up to let Boyd know they weren't havin any of that.  Cost them a rare but well spent yellow card and seemed to settle things down some after.

Grace D was once again very solid and continued to frustrate any offensive attacks Boyd mounted.

They get leading scorer from last two seasons back Monday and she should be a nice shot in the arm as they gear up for next big test at CCS Tourney.  Also not to be overlooked still on the schedule is McMinn Central who is 4-0 in district and appears to be getting better as their youngsters mature over the season under a generally well coached team. 

Have a great weekend yall.

Eagle Out.

If Booger's game comments from the ND v Soddy game are true, then ND will be feeling the loss of their great keeper due to a red card at that game when they play for the #1 seed in their district game on Tuesday versus Signal...Backline will step up hopefully and keep the backup keeper bored....

D

Does not bode well for ND.  One of the Signal Captains is deadly accurate and can place a ball just about anywhere even from long range.  ND better have someone on her at all times and not allow any space to get a shot off to protect that back-up keeper.

What's up with all the cards over there at ND?  Didn't they have like 4 yellows the game before??