R'dale vs LaVergne

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavergne is 0-16 all time vs. Riverdale but the game is probably evenly matched.  The experience of a senior QB at Lavergne could be the difference. 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but get the feeling Lavergne pulls this one out close maybe.  But if they don't it won't bother me.  I feel bad for Riverdale having such a crappy year after unrealistic expectations going in and a ranking they had no business with. 

I'm with milo on this one, I saw LaVergne in the opener against smyrna and before they self distructed half way through the 2nd qtr I was very impressed, if LaVergne plays mistake free and riverdale still struggles and lets face it if the players arent buying in anymore look for an upset, never would I had thought I'd see the day id be saying LaVergne wld have a chance to beat riverdale, I better check my medication did I just say that?

Luckily, the loser of this one will have SC to keep them off the bottom of the standings.

Riverdale's defense is giving up more than 39 points a game on average with their best game being a 35 point effort that was aided by the mercy rule being in effect he whole second half.

I just don't see how Riverdale scores enough points to win. Factor in three turnovers by the offense an I think Lavergne wins 42-14.

I will say this, I didn't think Riverdale could score 35 points all year and they put up 35 against BC. I guess there is some hope.

There are currently three high schools in Rutherford County that have NEVER beaten R'dale. One we will not play as they are too small in Eagleville. The second is Stewarts Creek because we have not played them YET. The third is LaVergne.

If he manages to lose this one the destruction of what was a dynasty at R'dale will be complete.

Having said that, Friday night is 'suppose' to be wet. That favors R'dales ground game vs air LaVergne.