What teams in your area have the loudest student section?

crow6424

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It usually depends on the game - is it a rivalry game or not? Murvil's students have finally gotten more involved the last several years. They do a great job up until the "scoreboard" cheer near the end of the game. It is cool to see all the students cheering in unison, but surprising the "kindler and gentler" administration allows them to point at the other team and call them losers. Makes some of us olders (who had to remember that old sportsmans creed) hide under our seats. It is even worse in the basketball gym. I'm glad the local TV stations leave before that cheer starts.

Edited by strongx

It usually depends on the game - is it a rivalry game or not? Murvil's students have finally gotten more involved the last several years. They do a great job up until the "scoreboard" cheer near the end of the game. It is cool to see all the students cheering in unison, but surprising the "kindler and gentler" administration allows them to point at the other team and call them losers. Makes some of us olders (who had to remember that old sportsmans creed) hide under our seats. It is even worse in the basketball gym. I'm glad the local TV stations leave before that cheer starts.

Most kids don't have any school spirit anymore, they don't cheer on their team, they mainly taunt the other team. Since you brought up maryville specifically.... personally I think they are a lot better than they used to be. I remember the whole maryville student section heckling the wb team as they walked out for warm-ups at the 2009 jamboree, They repeatedly shouted "1 and 9".

Most kids don't have any school spirit anymore, they don't cheer on their team, they mainly taunt the other team. Since you brought up maryville specifically.... personally I think they are a lot better than they used to be. I remember the whole maryville student section heckling the wb team as they walked out for warm-ups at the 2009 jamboree, They repeatedly shouted "1 and 9".

Were they not one and nine?

I'm over all the politically correct trying to always make sure all kids are Perfect Crap . Yes , I squirmed a little the first time I heard it ... but ya know ...  they're 15 - 18 year old Kids !! I feel sorry for todays kids , they have so many rules , and have hardly any room for error . Let's not keep making more and more rules for these kids , let them have fun , make mistakes and learn from them on their own instead of us older guys always trying to beat them down with more rules and restrictions . Geez ... that's all we need is more rules of things not allowed at the " Skeeter "

Heck '91 eye speecifically reemimburr one ov tha "4 Horsemen ov Will-Yum Blunt" tellin' eye meen showin', evurbodee onn tha Mairvul sidelines one nite thait he wuz #1.......Jist like Dug Roth showed tha LSU stewdunts he wuz #1 aftur hittin' a 3 pointur att tha Maravich Assembly Centur..... :popcorneater: