Gordonsville @ Lancaster Christian

croz6110

There isn't any starter or contributor on this years team that wouldn't qualify to play elsewhere. I have been told this year players are ineligible to practice if they don't have homework turned into the teacher.  

There isn't one starter or contributor on this team that wasn't qualified to play elsewhere. 

I am sure that many people do not think this is happening, and I am also sure some administrators do not know this is happening, but it is STILL happening. I stated earlier "current players" and I stand behind that statement because I know it to be true, and I know who some of them are. I will leave this topic alone, as I am not really trying to put a school or it's students down, and I do not be argumentative at all. I can say LCA seems to have a pretty good team this year and sometimes that comes at a price.  

My son is a starter! My son has a 3.8 GPA! My son was starting on his public school team! But most important, my son has the ability to pray in school, feels loved and safe at LCA!!!!!

Guys I am not trying to argue with anyone. I would think that LCA would be a very valuable asset for a child, and they would probably get a much better education than some or even most public schools. Tlynne I wasn't pointing out your child as I am sure he is a great kid and student. I also do like the fact your child can pray in school. My children went to a small rural school and thankfully prayer is accepted there. I also stated that I did not know that LCA lowers their standards and was not suggesting that they do; however what I said was a fact. I know who they are and that is all fine. I was just stating that I personally did not respect the situation where a kid could fail at one place and not be allowed to play, but come to another school and then be allowed to play. I also stated that maybe parents, and staff members didn't know. I think that if a child has the opportunity to attend a private school it would defiantly be a good thing, and I am sure LCA is a fine institution. I just do not like the one thing I mentioned. I am apologize if I ruffled some feathers, as that was not my intention. I also think instead of becoming upset with me everyone should just try to make sure things like what I was saying does not happen.  

• Upvote 1

He can pray in public school too. Violence can take place anywhere unfortunately.

I wasn't speaking in terms of violence, I was making a reference as to his feelings. As a kid, he doesn't believe that bad things will happen in his world because his innocence is still intact. God still exist in his world and school.

It is important to me that HE feels safe and loved. HE feels like the teachers and administration cares about him, that is worth every dime that I pay to LCA.

Guys I am not trying to argue with anyone. I would think that LCA would be a very valuable asset for a child, and they would probably get a much better education than some or even most public schools. Tlynne I wasn't pointing out your child as I am sure he is a great kid and student. I also do like the fact your child can pray in school. My children went to a small rural school and thankfully prayer is accepted there. I also stated that I did not know that LCA lowers their standards and was not suggesting that they do; however what I said was a fact. I know who they are and that is all fine. I was just stating that I personally did not respect the situation where a kid could fail at one place and not be allowed to play, but come to another school and then be allowed to play. I also stated that maybe parents, and staff members didn't know. I think that if a child has the opportunity to attend a private school it would defiantly be a good thing, and I am sure LCA is a fine institution. I just do not like the one thing I mentioned. I am apologize if I ruffled some feathers, as that was not my intention. I also think instead of becoming upset with me everyone should just try to make sure things like what I was saying does not happen.  

Thanks for your reply. However, if what you say is happening, I feel sad for that student because LCA is the place where you can get a really good education and the administration is not going to have it any other way. They are serious about not playing if you are not passing. You don't touch the field if your grades are not up to par. Now, I can't say what happened at another school, but I do know that the standards for these kids at LCA are not lowered.

No feathers ruffled here, :)

No one on this current team fits this description but i do know of 3 kids who would have helped this program that weren't accepted due to grades.