Wartburg at Coalfield

KickinWing11

Coalfield actually runs a multitude of formations...from shotgun, pistol, to power formations that have the QB under center...this team has had more injuries this year then in years past...they are working hard to get better and improve every week.

34 please let us know tomorrow how your boy does with his surgery.I really hope they can get him back to 100% he deserves it!Prayers for him and your family.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about anyone can play center if its not a shotgun snap offense? Really? Have you ever had any experience playing O line? Center is the QB of the O line, or at least should be. That is where the blocking assignment adjustments & audible decisions are made, or supposed to any way. Not to mention he is the ONLY player on offense that has to handle he ball every play. Center is he heart of any O line. They're kinda like kickers, a little different & don't mess with their "mojo" if it's working. They're not as weird as kickers though, kickers are strange characters in deed :lol:

I didn't literally mean ANYONE, my fault it was late last night. And I was saying snapping the ball. Obviously to get the ball to the qb in shotgun form is a lot more difficult than under center. I'd agree center is a big role, but come on guys it's 1A ball..

The center we had this year didn't play center AT all until after the Oneida game last year actually I don't even think he started on the line but don't quote me.

What does 1A ball have to do with anything? There is still a mike linebacker. The blocking assignments virtually always start with him. There are gap assignments to identify & adjust for not to mention potential twists & stunts or unexpected defensive fronts to read. Throw a blitz in the mix and if your center just snaps the ball & isn't playing center you're prolly in for a long night regardless if it's 1A, 6A, ncAA, or Afc. I do concede most normally capable teenagers can snap a football but if that's all your center or any other teams center is doing then there is a big gap that could drastically improve the line play of any such program.

Ask any o-line coach how valuable a true center is. Heck Peyton Manning actually got involved when Jeff Saturday's contract renegotiation wasn't going well with the Colts a few years back. BTW, Mr. Saturday stayed a few more years :D

Edited by crow

Kba probably never played much offense in his day. Don't bash on the kid to much just because he doesn't know what he is talking about. Probably just one of those kids that didn't make the grade when he was in school and thought that was the coaches fault to. If you are a true supporter of coalfield football with no hidden agenda then support it and quit pointing fingers at every little thing they do. I always heard that a mans true character shows during times of adversity. Coalfield has their share of it this year with injuries but im sure they are working hard to overcome. I hope the players have alot more character than some of the supporters do. I think they do and will get things going.

Kba probably never played much offense in his day. Don't bash on the kid to much just because he doesn't know what he is talking about. Probably just one of those kids that didn't make the grade when he was in school and thought that was the coaches fault to. If you are a true supporter of coalfield football with no hidden agenda then support it and quit pointing fingers at every little thing they do. I always heard that a mans true character shows during times of adversity. Coalfield has their share of it this year with injuries but im sure they are working hard to overcome. I hope the players have alot more character than some of the supporters do. I think they do and will get things going.

Are you always in a bad mood?

I agree that fair weathered fans suck. The only thing we were saying is that the injury to coalfield center not only hurt them to lose their center, but they had to move their best lineman to center and take him away from his natural position. The coaches have no choice but to do that. It is their only option. He was saying that we were bashing the coaches and all that. We are on here talking football and strategy. That's what this place is for

I have to speak plainly here and say that Wartburg looked terrible last night. I don't know if its a lack of experience or lack of talent or what, but I think the Coalfield game could get quite ugly in a hurry! I figured those kids could at least field a kick off, but I was wrong. Also they were as slow of a team as I've seen in a while. Lastly, I feel that Wartburg will probably be out coached by a mile against Coalfield. It's hard to believe Wartburg was a state quarter final team just 3 years ago!