9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Haven't seen anybody declare the Cubs locks for the Glass House. They are unbeaten, having a great season, and a viable candidate to get there though. I am sure they are well aware that it won't be easy and haven't forgotten how it felt to come up short a year ago. Lot of basketball still to be played.

Those Tennessean writers are some real insiders. Bet they couldn't name a single Cheatham player. Don't see Harpeth winning at Cheatham, but that is why they play the games! We will find out Friday.

Edited by mumbletypeg

I dont get the Greenbrier spanking Harpeth gave them. Any one there to see it care to give me a clue as to how that happened. Young with just 2 pts. Could have been the hard game/loss to WHHeritage just the night before....they could have been emotionally and physically drained. 

I was not at the game myself but I have many friends that were. Every single one of them told me the Indians looked like they were on a mission defensively. They sure were on a mission when they played my beloved war eagles! They are looking a lot better as of late

The Cubs and the Indians have to play the Patriots again.  :mrgreen:  We may be the underdogs but I certainly like our chances.  Neither of them got the best the Patriots can give.

Heritage has been looking good lately, but I don't think that they can hang with Cheatham. I may be wrong, but we haven't lost yet.

Right now cheatham is definitely looking like a contender for a deep run. They have good shooters and post players. It is hard to pick your poison with them. I have seen them play quite a bit the last few years. They do have a few weak spots that may come back to bite them. They tend to get into foul trouble easily. If they get refs that call tight it will hurt them. They tend to do a little flopping and ball handling is sloppy to say the least. You could call a carry nearly every time they have the ball. The positive is that they tend to have multiple weapons that can step up when others struggle.

Looking at the district, Harpeth is the only real threat. Harpeth has struggled in a few games. They seem to play hot for a few games then shoot their own foot. The Cheatham game was the only loss so far that was not self inflicted. They have good guards that play defense and do not turn the ball over. Anderton can get hot as well as Williams. Could be dangerous if both get hot. Their posts are undersized but play gritty. Should be a good matchup at point with Harlan and Hutchinson. Anderton and Saunders should be enrtertaining. Post play should go CC way. Guard play on wings and bench may be difference. Fouls will determine how close the game will be. Cheatham should win but Harpeth has played several close games. They beat Pearl Cohn in a barnburner at the start of season. Lost a close one to Westm that they should have won. I would not bet on blowout. Could be CC by15 or Harpeth by 2.

District standings going into 1-24-14 games:

1.  Cheatham 6-0

2.  White House Heritage 4-2

3.  Harpeth 5-3

4.  Westmoreland 3-3

5.  Greenbrier 3-4

6.  Sycamore 2-5

7.  White House 1-7

I can't figure out 2-5.  They all beat each other.  Westmoreland beats Harpeth and Heritage and loses to White House.  Harpeth trounces Greenbrier, Sycamore and White House after very close games or losses earlier in the year.

I will say Harpeth, Cheatham and Sycamore have a long history of wrecking each others dreams seasons and it usually doesn't happen during the regular season.