9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

''When Boyd, Harlan, and Saunders walked into the high school as freshmen the team was coming off a 2 year period with 3 total wins. Maybe that helps put into perspective just how far these kids have helped bring this program. Darden moved in as a Sophomore and has also had a huge impact.''

Wow. That is saying a lot for those Seniors. Good for them! I did not know that about Cheatham Basketball. A testament of hard work and good coaching. :thumb: 

I am hoping the current Freshman that are at WHHeritage will be similar. This group as 8th graders won the Middle School County Championship over Springfield last year with one loss the entire season. Good group of young men. One of them (Center) has actually started a few games as a freshman this yr. So looking for big things out of them over the next 3 years.

I would like to see Cheatham finish the season undefeated. That would be quite a feat...but it wouldnt hurt my feelings if Heritage came in and put one on them tonight. 

Cheatham goes for win #20 tonight on Senior Night in Ashland City against Heritage. This group of guys has been instrumental in taking a down program and lifting it into rarified air. All that stands between the Cubs and an undefeated regular season are a pair of home games. I knew they would be really good this year, but I don't think anyone really expected this. If they can get it done tonight and Tuesday they will accomplish a feat that will probably never be duplicated at CCCHS. When Boyd, Harlan, and Saunders walked into the high school as freshmen the team was coming off a 2 year period with 3 total wins. Maybe that helps put into perspective just how far these kids have helped bring this program. Darden moved in as a Sophomore and has also had a huge impact. Congratulations to these guys and senior Brandon Shelton as well. Hope a big crowd makes it out tonight to share in honoring these Seniors-they deserve it. Go Cubs!

Very impressive. Hopefully they make some post season noise and reward the players who have elevated the program the last few years.

I would like to see Cheatham finish the season undefeated. That would be quite a feat...but it wouldnt hurt my feelings if Heritage came in and put one on them tonight. 

I fully expect the Cubs to get Heritage's best shot tonight. Heritage gave them some problems in their first meeting, but I think you will see a different Cubs team tonight. Darden definitely didn't have one of his better games that night and Harlan was in foul trouble early. Something tells me they will play well on Senior Night, but as I said after the 1st meeting- Heritage is better than I thought and can provide a challenge. We will find out shortly.

One win away from 21-0 and a perfect regular season.  Tuesday night's game against White House will be "standing room only" at the Pat Head Summit Gymnasium.  Go Cubs!

These Cubs seniors have won 71 out of 83 games overall since the start of their sophomore season.  The Cubs seniors have a minimum of 4 games and a maximum of 10 games remaining in their high school basketball "playing days".  They, combined with last year's senior class, made Cheatham County Boys Basketball the biggest ticket in the county and have brought so much joy to so many people. 

One win away from 21-0 and a perfect regular season.  Tuesday night's game against White House will be "standing room only" at the Pat Head Summit Gymnasium.  Go Cubs!

These Cubs seniors have won 71 out of 83 games overall since the start of their sophomore season.  The Cubs seniors have a minimum of 4 games and a maximum of 10 games remaining in their high school basketball "playing days".  They, combined with last year's senior class, made Cheatham County Boys Basketball the biggest ticket in the county and have brought so much joy to so many people. 

Another new screenname howdoitknow? lol!

Lebanon Blue Devil?

The last boy's team out of the old 11AA to make it to state was Waverly back in 88 I think.  This team has a shot.  Has to hold up against East Lit and/or this years Waverly team and avoid CPA at all costs.  Good luck Cubs.

The undefeated monkey is a tough one for basketball and baseball teams because they play so many games and every team they play down the stretch gears up for them and wants to be the one that knocks them out of the undefeated ranks.

Edited by ksgovols

Another new screenname howdoitknow? lol!

Lebanon Blue Devil?

The last boy's team out of the old 11AA to make it to state was Waverly back in 88 I think.  This team has a shot.  Has to hold up against East Lit and/or this years Waverly team and avoid CPA at all costs.  Good luck Cubs.

The undefeated monkey is a tough one for basketball and baseball teams because they play so many games and every team they play down the stretch gears up for them and wants to be the one that knocks them out of the undefeated ranks.

Speaking of Lebanon Blue Devils I think Brian Black is a solid addition to your football and baseball coaching staffs.  He's a bright young guy who brings plenty of knowledge. 

Speaking of Lebanon Blue Devils I think Brian Black is a solid addition to your football and baseball coaching staffs.  He's a bright young guy who brings plenty of knowledge. 

I haven't met Coach Black yet but there's 3 guys that have had head coaching experience on the Harpeth baseball staff this season with Coby Ginsberg, Brian Black and Gary Halstead.  Looking forward to some high school baseball here in another month!  I know on the football side everybody was excited with the new staff in place.  Same for the basketball staff that Coach Mantlo has put together.  Staying out of Cheatham's side of the bracket is huge come district tournament time.  Hopefully Harpeth can make a nice run.

Cheatham now 20-0 and only a home game against White House tomorrow stands between them and a perfect regular season. Game against Heritage Friday was a good one. Saunders put on a show on Senior Night. The 1st quarter slam really got him going and he ended up tying his career high with 37 points. If there was any doubt about who should get MVP this performance should have erased it. Still impressed with Heritage though-they have some guys who can shoot it and are fundamentally sound. Their post player getting in foul trouble was a big part of the game Friday night. If someone could post the District Tourney schedule when finalized it would be greatly appreciated. Go Cubs!