Region 1 AAA- District 1 and District 2

TommyMan37604

Sounds like you are an assistant coach. SH only gives you lanes to drive if they want you to. At times they funnel players towards the rim while those athletes deny your kick outs. This forces players to drive to deep and either take a (Lyon) effected adjusted shot, get it blocked or turn it over trying to DISH it to a covered player. They are too athletic for teams in Region 1.

Lyons, Tarter and Greogry are top players in East Tennessee. The other 4 or 5 that got to play are solid high school players gaining experience. Stay out of SH's region bracket.

Mo West has a nice mix of veterans and youth.  Winning Disctict 2 will be a tall task.  Jeff. Co. Cocke Co. Mo. East all have good teams.

Not a coach, but do enjoy the game.  My guess is that without Lyons West could beat SH on a given night.  With her, West would have to play its very best game with SH having a kind of off night. 

Most of Lyons blocks came from the weak side after west players had beaten the one guarding them. If one of West inside players had screened Lyons as soon as her teammate penetrated, there would have surely been fewer blocked shots.  Would have been a more interesting game if West new players had a game or two under their belts. Most of the 10 or more turnovers in the first quarter were mainly from trying to force passes inside by the new players. 

SH definitely has two very outstanding players who will give everybody fits.   And West showed that it has a real diamond in one of its freshman as well as some very solid upper classmen.  I will predict that West will win its district and will face SH again in the region finals.  But , of course, I could be wrong. 

SH shot 9 foul shots the entire game. MoWest coach had 1 timeout going into 4th qtr and he used it early. Could have used some when they made a run. Coach was given a tech in first half that didn't help his team. #33 for MoWest played entire JV game until she fouled out. If #33 is going to be a big part of varsity they might think about her minutes for JV. Great competitors like her use lots of energy and you can see was exhausted going against SH's pressure. If MoWest had won 55-37 would it be considered a blowout? Just my thoughts.

I have seen Boone play last year and they lost some close games cause of coaching. I think there are other coaches in the two leagues who have cost their teams wins too. I have seen coaches in this league consistently win games for their teams with adjustments. So if saying someone out coaches another is a jab then you my friend need to go back to middle school. Anything else you would like to know?

Tommyman I'm not trying to start insults here. Your post usually seems like you know what's going on in our area with basketball. I just see more then one post where you throw that right jab at the Boone coach. Looks like you go out of your way sometimes to throw it also... But hey that's your right If that is what you think.

Sounds to me like you know the Boone coach Georgia and can not handle the criticism of a fan. I agree if it comes down to coaching then SH will win. I went back and read. I read the post and did not think they were jabs. A jab would be he does a terrible job or because he, as the paper says, lead the fans with a defense chant. To me that is childish. So that would be a jab. But hey I'm just a parent in the stands. Every coach has a method of motivation. Now do not take this personal because I was giving you an example.