So Far the Biggest Surprises and disapointments in 5/6A

tennesseestud2013

As far as disappointments, i would have to say Beech. I figured they would've rolled to the title game and won it once again, but Hurd got hurt and it all went to crap after that. One of the biggest surprises has been the emergence of Campbell County as a contending team. After so many downtrodden years it seems they finally have a little bit of a good thing going up there right now. I would also put Motown East in there as well.

As far as disappointments, i would have to say Beech. I figured they would've rolled to the title game and won it once again, but Hurd got hurt and it all went to crap after that. One of the biggest surprises has been the emergence of Campbell County as a contending team. After so many downtrodden years it seems they finally have a little bit of a good thing going up there right now. I would also put Motown East in there as well.

Isn't Beech 4 and 2? Don't follow the logic of "going to crap". Someone posted on a Henry County board that Beech was a 4-5 win team without JH but they have 4 now. What am I missing?

Edited by plumb69

Not a real intelligent comment about Beech. They lost the #1 player in the state & are still going to make a playoff run.

Biggest surprise to me is Campbell County, Morristown East, and Sullivan South. Sullivan South because of how they are winning. They are reminding me of the Curt Phillips days. Independence from what I have been reading, I may be wrong from what I am heard about them. Franklin is finally turning it around now. I remember the days of them tossing the pigskin around. Nashville Overton also because I did not expect them to be undefeated. Good luck to the Bobcats, keep up the good work... 

Biggest Disappointment is Riverdale (heard rezoning has killed them), Mount Juliet (even though they lost their coach and other players), Powell and Morristown West.