Oak Ridge @ Campbell Co.

tnchad1980

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge fans, did anybody else notice there was no train whistle last Friday at the Ship?  I noticed and I thought it was sorely missed.  Well, when I asked a game administrator, I won't say which one because it was not his decision, he told me too many  people complained it was too loud.  Boo hoo hoo waa waa waa.  That is pathetic, if it's too loud stay home, you're just up there sitting on your hands complaining anyway.  Pissed me right off.  This is OR football and that is one of our traditions and part of the whole game experience at Blankenship.  I can't believe we would give that up so easy cause some old people complained. 

We can't turn the volume down on it because it is pneumatic (air whistle) it either blows or it doesn't..  Maybe we can build a box around it or move it to another location.  But we have to get it back up and running.  To not have it because of a few complaints is just lame. 

Edited by ORidgeKat

Pep, that is truly pathetic to cave in to few complaints.  They could move it, or muffle it, or even play the train whistle recording over the PA system.  But no, we just drop it like a hot potato.  It's pitiful 

What are we gonna have to do now.  Start a social media campaign: "Oak Ridgers FOR the train whistle"  jk, sort of

Edited by ORidgeKat