Oak Ridge @ Campbell Co.

tnchad1980

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said early in the week. I'm picking CC in a close one. OR is still a young team. I think this is the year CC breaks the winless streak in the OR series. I really wished I could see this one, but I'm not gonna miss watching my Dragons. ( sigh ) lol

Crazy just Crazy....lol OR wins easy.

Who will CC loose on offense?

Basically nobody. All the recievers are back except Phillips.  Running back is back. Toress is back, QB is back. 3 of 5 o line back.  Losing some really good defensive players tho.  freshman team is 5-0- and JV 4-0 so should be able to fill some of the defensive issues, Roberts and McIntosh should step in at WR for the Phillips Loss. 

Also, Jacksboro won the district championship at Lafollette last night 30-12.  Jacksboro is loaded with talent, their QB will probably be the next in line at CC. As for the crowd? wasn't 3500 for sure. More like 2000 maybe, but good crowd none the less.  LaFolletes QB is a stud, but his family has a history of going to Gap, so I don't know how that will work out.  Jacksboro was running in offense and defense all night, just wore Lafollette down. 

Basically nobody. All the recievers are back except Phillips.  Running back is back. Toress is back, QB is back. 3 of 5 o line back.  Losing some really good defensive players tho.  freshman team is 5-0- and JV 4-0 so should be able to fill some of the defensive issues, Roberts and McIntosh should step in at WR for the Phillips Loss. 

Also, Jacksboro won the district championship at Lafollette last night 30-12.  Jacksboro is loaded with talent, their QB will probably be the next in line at CC. As for the crowd? wasn't 3500 for sure. More like 2000 maybe, but good crowd none the less.  LaFolletes QB is a stud, but his family has a history of going to Gap, so I don't know how that will work out.  Jacksboro was running in offense and defense all night, just wore Lafollette down. 

Do you know playoff schedule yet? Hopefully Norris will play one of them might half to go check that game out... I hear Norris is loaded with 7th graders. Sounds like the AC CC game will be pretty good next year at AC...

Glad to hear CC has a freshmen team. OR has a good freshmen team as well. Our opponents just haven't seemed to have a team to play.

Glad to hear CC has a freshmen team. OR has a good freshmen team as well. Our opponents just haven't seemed to have a team to play.

Yes me too. I am a firm believer that's how you build a winning program.  Those freshman get pushed around all day at practice by the upper classmen and most never see the field on Friday nights. They are working just as hard as the varsity and they should be rewarded with some meaningful games.  I'm sure CC and OR will play Monday at CC. Ill find out and report back.

Also, we never had enough participation before the Price boys showed up to have a freshman team. Just another plus in their hiring.  All the coaches were at the Jacksboro/Lafollette game last night as they should be. Would really be just great to have 4-5 non losing seasons in arrow up there just to build a good foundation for the program.

Cougars in a 2nd half rout! Both teams trade scores in the first half with the score being tied something like 21-21 at the break. CC comes out and scores first and holds OR to a field goal. CC comes back with another TD drive to go up 11. And the defense with that infused energy and toughness brought on by the Price brothers force a turnover to set the Cougs up with a short field. CC dials up another TD strike and the Cougs go up 42-24! Both teams tack on a FG in the 4th to reach the final score of 45-27 in favor of the Cougars! Call me insane. Call me delusional. Call me whatever, I don't care because I'm sippin the orange-and-blue LaFollette home brew!