Science Hill @ TN High 10/04

THSVikings2004

I'm told as of yesterday...McGue is out for Friday night agaist TH! McGue has been wearing a boot to help with the healing process this week.

I've seen Tenn. High play and I believe SH is the better team even without McGue. But, as we all well know the best team doesn't always win.

I'm anxious to see how SH comes out for this game. I didn't see a lot of fire last week even with McGue in there! So we'll see . . . 

The Castle is a great venue for high school football!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Vikings see great opportunity to take down Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett back to back and steal the Big 7 crown. Both opponents are missing key players due to injuries. 

Tennessee High is being labeled now as overrated because of loses to Elizabethton and South. They are still a very good team capable of putting up big numbers on any suspect pass defense. This should be a great game with lots of scoring. I'm revising to 42-28 Tn. High.

How do you see this one with a 50% Mcgue?    Carter said he may play but be limited, meaning maybe he won't zigzag all over the field but he could still hand off, throw, basically run the offense, just not run himself.    If we do 38 + 21 / 2 =  SH 29    TH 28

Blazer I don't think McGue has a half speed... but if he did I would have to agree with you. I would lean toward the Hill by a small margin. 

I'm told as of yesterday...McGue is out for Friday night agaist TH! McGue has been wearing a boot to help with the healing process this week.

I've seen Tenn. High play and I believe SH is the better team even without McGue. But, as we all well know the best team doesn't always win.

I'm anxious to see how SH comes out for this game. I didn't see a lot of fire last week even with McGue in there! So we'll see . . . 

The Castle is a great venue for high school football!!

I've seen SH play and when I did McGue passed for a touchdown, ran for a touchdown, and caught a touchdown pass. He has a big saddle on his back and as we all saw last week the Toppers are not the same team without him. The Vikings have the potential to put up allot of points fast (if our QB comes with his head screwed on tight). The only question I have is will SH be able to score with them without their Ace. 

I'm gonna have to go with the Hill...till the Viking staff shows me they know how to manage a game.And we learn how to take care of the ball.

Vikings-28

Toppers-38

I agree with you Couch to a point... because it would be a lie to say that the youth of this staff doesn't hurt us on occasion. However I believe the one common denominator in both the loss to South and Betsy was that our QB lost his composure under pressure. He's a Brett Favre  up and down!! It's either going to go real well or real bad with this kid. And it's not because of his talent level because the kid can play!

I've seen SH play and when I did McGue passed for a touchdown, ran for a touchdown, and caught a touchdown pass. He has a big saddle on his back and as we all saw last week the Toppers are not the same team without him. The Vikings have the potential to put up allot of points fast (if our QB comes with his head screwed on tight). The only question I have is will SH be able to score with them without their Ace. 

True but SH is playing TN High tomorrow night not BA. The two teams aren't even comparable. BA is easily one of the best teams in the state. Not saying TN High is a bad team or anything, they're just not the same quality team as BA at all. SH simply imploded last week. When McGue went down, it's like their entire game plan went out the window. More and more injuries kept happening and the Toppers just couldn't seem to find any kind of rhythm. You could tell they were in shock. 

With all of that said, SH has now had a week to prepare without McGue. I'm not sure what kind of difference it will make but the week of preparation without him will have helped. They're not going to play shell-shocked like they did last week.

Edited by AlumnI01

True but SH is playing TN High tomorrow night not BA. The two teams aren't even comparable. BA is easily one of the best teams in the state. Not saying TN High is a bad team or anything, they're just not the same quality team as BA at all. SH simply imploded last week. When McGue went down, it's like their entire game plan went out the window. More and more injuries kept happening and the Toppers just couldn't seem to find any kind of rhythm. You could tell they were in shock. 

With all of that said, SH has now had a week to prepare without McGue. I'm not sure what kind of difference it will make but the week of preparation without him will have helped. They're not going to play shell-shocked like they did last week.

Maaannnn.... you almost pulled out the "back in the day" Cap. But I managed to put the breaks on (after retyping my post several times). I'll just say WE WILL SEE. And leave it at that.... for now.  ;)

Even with the injuries, SH still has playmakers all over the field.  I think the consensus is that you'll see two QBs for SH Friday night.  From what I understand, the McPherson kid is more of a pure passer and should be able to create some things for SH in the passing game.  The Bedard kid is sort of a younger version of Reed Hayes (from what I've been told).  

SH gets the win Friday night.

That we will, Cap1. I'm just hoping for a good game and for both teams to come out of it injury free.

voltnh, That's what I've seen(regarding McPherson and Bedard). McPherson is a Senior and appears to have a little better grasp of the offense from what I've heard. The Bedard kid is just a Sophomore but the Reed Hayes comparison is a good one. He's going to be a very special player for the Toppers by the time he's a Senior. He's fast and elusive when he decides to tuck the ball and run. He's also got a pretty big arm on him with a quick release. He is a little more inexperienced and reckless with the football though than McPherson. Of the two, I think Bedard is a little better but McPherson will probably get the start tomorrow night. Like I said, he apparently knows the offense a little better and is a little more careful with the football. 

Any news on the other Topper injuries besides McGue? I'd heard C Cory Johnson and RB Chance Pierce were ready to go for tomorrow but nothing on WR Isaac Story.

I agree with you Couch to a point... because it would be a lie to say that the youth of this staff doesn't hurt us on occasion. However I believe the one common denominator in both the loss to South and Betsy was that our QB lost his composure under pressure. He's a Brett Favre  up and down!! It's either going to go real well or real bad with this kid. And it's not because of his talent level because the kid can play!

I agree he is smart and can play But...that brings me back to the first part of my statement..Time out's are not just for clock management they are also for game management..Which i haven't seen very much of ..when he loses his temper someone needs to calm him down and get his head back in the game.

I agree he is smart and can play But...that brings me back to the first part of my statement..Time out's are not just for clock management they are also for game management..Which i haven't seen very much of ..when he loses his temper someone needs to calm him down and get his head back in the game.

I totally agree, but I've been told that he has a mind of his own when he gets out on the field. They need to put some time into strengthening their options should a situation like the one last week happen again (where he decided he just wasn't going to throw the ball anymore after throwing a couple of pics), then they could comfortably sit his butt on the bench and let him think about it.