6-0 Fairview @ 5-0 Lewis County

Jacketman89

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two very good football teams played last night. The most disappointing thing about the game was the horrible officiating which was so one sided it took you breath away.   Nearly 300 yards lost in penalties but what was worse was the timing of them.   For those who have access to wcstbe.wcs.edu I encourage you to watch the game and pay close attention to the officiating. Lewis County is a very good football team who played outstanding football, beating them is hard enough to accomplish but with the officiating and 5 lost turnovers it was to big a hill to climb. I hope we meet again and this time the players will decide the outcome of the game.

Two very good football teams played last night. The most disappointing thing about the game was the horrible officiating which was so one sided it took you breath away.   Nearly 300 yards lost in penalties but what was worse was the timing of them.   For those who have access to wcstbe.wcs.edu I encourage you to watch the game and pay close attention to the officiating. Lewis County is a very good football team who played outstanding football, beating them is hard enough to accomplish but with the officiating and 5 lost turnovers it was to big a hill to climb. I hope we meet again and this time the players will decide the outcome of the game.

That is so funny coming from Fairview Fan because you guys have had the Refs in your backpocket last year and the year before I wont say all but a lot of your boys played dirty and for you to say the refs and officiating was bad that is so funny to me. I have no sympathy for you at all! It was your dirty tactics that got you all those penaltis chop blocks late hits and all that! Our boys played with class and won far and square so all I can say is enjoy your loss !

Wiseoldmangiles, I love your quote by Nick Saban.  LC won the game but in a rematch on a neutral field I pick fvhs  8 out of 10 times.   LC played a very good game but the other game of physicality was not won by LC. Both teams were bringing it last night.   Good luck to you and Giles the rest of the year.   I do miss playing you guys (would have been nice to win one though).   Your team was fun to watch and they brought out the best in us.

LC won the game but in a rematch on a neutral field I pick fvhs 8 out of 10 times. LC played a very good game but the other game of physicality was not won by LC. Both teams were bringing it

I agree here. Lewis didn't live up the physicality hype nor the speed hype that we all heard all week. Not that it made a difference. Their takeaways were the difference. They reminded me of Page for some reason with way more discipline and awareness.

Wiseoldmangiles, I love your quote by Nick Saban. LC won the game but in a rematch on a neutral field I pick fvhs 8 out of 10 times. LC played a very good game but the other game of physicality was not won by LC. Both teams were bringing it last night. Good luck to you and Giles the rest of the year. I do miss playing you guys (would have been nice to win one though). Your team was fun to watch and they brought out the best in us.

your wrong buddy!!! Lewis did not play a great game, that's what great about last night, we won and still didn't play our best! that's what scary is that Lewis co 6-0 and will still hadn't played a complete game!!!

That is so funny coming from Fairview Fan because you guys have had the Refs in your backpocket last year and the year before I wont say all but a lot of your boys played dirty and for you to say the refs and officiating was bad that is so funny to me. I have no sympathy for you at all! It was your dirty tactics that got you all those penaltis chop blocks late hits and all that! Our boys played with class and won far and square so all I can say is enjoy your loss !

I keep hearing how Fairview's kid's are dirty mean bullies. And how our 165lb lineman picked on your 290lb weight lifting champs. And one poster said there were players punching others thur their face mask. To hear you LC fans cry on hear you would think that you guy lost you game. If the game was that bad with dirty play that crew of zebras would have thrown a flag. If there was a punch thrown and connected that group of LC grads dresses as zebras would have thrown them out of the game. I think it was 13 flags to 4 and only one was for unsportsmanlike it was for taunting. Of course we did not get the late hit on Fairview sidelines. You act as if you are rising choir boys in LC , it was going both ways with alittle chippy stuff it is tackle football. I am not going to sit by and let Grown men call our boys dirty. Our kids play hard if you do not like it you may want to head back over to the soccer field or pick up a basketball. And you did not take it from us. FV rushing 306 ,avg 9.5 LC 201 avg 4.1 . 514 yds total for FV and 308 for LC . We give the ball to you on a short field 3 times. And every time we made a play the LC Class of 1976 was there to throw a flag. So I would not beat my chest to hard you may want to get back to work. Your fullback was your leading rusher. Your Mr Graham turned out to be avg. at best (57yds). So in stead of whining about being picked on by FV you may want to get back to work. Oh and LCP I discovered this week the feeling is mutual I don't like you or your town either. And no you guys do not have class. I have read your posts , it is more like a horses --- well I think I will stop there.

I keep hearing how Fairview's kid's are dirty mean bullies. And how our 165lb lineman picked on your 290lb weight lifting champs. And one poster said there were players punching others thur their face mask. To hear you LC fans cry on hear you would think that you guy lost you game. If the game was that bad with dirty play that crew of zebras would have thrown a flag. If there was a punch thrown and connected that group of LC grads dresses as zebras would have thrown them out of the game. I think it was 13 flags to 4 and only one was for unsportsmanlike it was for taunting. Of course we did not get the late hit on Fairview sidelines. You act as if you are rising choir boys in LC , it was going both ways with alittle chippy stuff it is tackle football. I am not going to sit by and let Grown men call our boys dirty. Our kids play hard if you do not like it you may want to head back over to the soccer field or pick up a basketball. And you did not take it from us. FV rushing 306 ,avg 9.5 LC 201 avg 4.1 . 514 yds total for FV and 308 for LC . We give the ball to you on a short field 3 times. And every time we made a play the LC Class of 1976 was there to throw a flag. So I would not beat my chest to hard you may want to get back to work. Your fullback was your leading rusher. Your Mr Graham turned out to be avg. at best (57yds). So in stead of whining about being picked on by FV you may want to get back to work. Oh and LCP I discovered this week the feeling is mutual I don't like you or your town either. And no you guys do not have class. I have read your posts , it is more like a horses --- well I think I will stop there.

You mad bro?

Edited by KS31

Wiseoldmangiles, I love your quote by Nick Saban. LC won the game but in a rematch on a neutral field I pick fvhs 8 out of 10 times. LC played a very good game but the other game of physicality was not won by LC. Both teams were bringing it last night. Good luck to you and Giles the rest of the year. I do miss playing you guys (would have been nice to win one though). Your team was fun to watch and they brought out the best in us.

Surely you're not serious. Your line got physically dominated all night on both sides of the ball. Don't try to sugar coat your loss with some sort of moral victory. There were none. For those of you complaining about the penalties, there are rules in football. The officials are there to enforce them. They don't throw flags for no reason. And they typically don't have a reason to care who wins the game. I don't want to get into the topic of class bc that could hurt some people's feelings, but I have to agree with Clark on this. Your kids aren't known for playing exceptionally classy football. You could chalk it up to being aggressive, but IMO being cheap, is a different style than being aggressive. Let's drop the flags. FV did that to themselves. It seems cowardly to try and blame a loss on the refs. Especially considering I didn't see a single unwarranted flag. Your kids blatantly broke the rules and were flagged for it. That's how it works. Own up to it. I honestly hope we play again. LC left some points on the field. IMO FV should be glad it wasn't worse. All of this is just my take on things. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, or hurt any feelings, but I'm tired of hearing about the flags. They're part of the game. Some stuff you just can't do. It's not a free for all. Good luck to you guys, representing 11AA, but clean it up. A team like you guys is hard to respect. No disrespect to the fans, I understand why your mad. That's your team. Your supposed to be mad about a loss. But that's just how it is.

Two very good football teams played last night. The most disappointing thing about the game was the horrible officiating which was so one sided it took you breath away. Nearly 300 yards lost in penalties but what was worse was the timing of them. For those who have access to wcstbe.wcs.edu I encourage you to watch the game and pay close attention to the officiating. Lewis County is a very good football team who played outstanding football, beating them is hard enough to accomplish but with the officiating and 5 lost turnovers it was to big a hill to climb. I hope we meet again and this time the players will decide the outcome of the game.

fairview should have been called for more penalties than was actually called last night!!! Yes it was one sided because coach sharp is a class act and doesn't teach his players that sorry crap. I've never seen a game where there where so many players being cut! That's how you get young men hurt!!!

Lol. This makes me snicker. Your entitled to your opinion, however ignorant it may be.

fairview should have been called for more penalties than was actually called last night!!! Yes it was one sided because coach sharp is a class act and doesn't teach his players that sorry crap. I've never seen a game where there where so many players being cut! That's how you get young men hurt!!!

That's what I thought. If you can't take a man, toe-to-toe, then take your butt whoopin and try again next play. You don't try to take anybodies knees. I'll say it again, that makes it really hard to respect. Edited by LewisCoPanthers