Rhea Co. @ Cookeville District 6-AAA Title Game?

BigGreenCountry

They have a two guys who can go to the house anytime they touch the ball. They have a tall WR who is pretty fast as well. They have a head coach who knows Pemberton really well. Actually Pemberton worked for him back in 96.

Hopefully our DB's will be up to it. They've improved quite a bit throughout the year so this will be a great test for them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't brag to much about beating Lebanon. Rhea Co. will beat Cookeville by two TD's If they only play decent! Cav's ain't as good as their fans wish. Sorry Cookeville, just being honest. If Rhea Co. has anybody that can run the ball and a little line blocking the Cav's are dead!

I hope you're right, because Rhea definitely has people who can run the ball and a solid o-line with backs that block great.

What happens if Cookeville beats Rhea Co. and White Co. beats Cookeville the last game of the season. Who has the tie breaker advantage?

This is from TSSAA 's website

Tie-Breaker Procedures:

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

7. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

I really don't know what Cookeville looks like, but I will say RC is playing well since losing to walker valley. I think a lot of people who watched that game realize we could've won that game and just didn't play well in the second half. I think if RC plays as well on D as they have and continues to run the ball as effectively they'll come away with the win. It looks like they've made some adjustments since the WV game that has helped. I think the only thing I've heard about Cookeville is they have a big QB who's solid. Not sure beyond that.

:thumb:

I'm pretty excited about this game, win or lose, it's nice as a Rhea Co. fan to be anxious for a game.  It's been a while since we've been in a position like this.  The kids are playing well and having fun and I hope for a big win against CHS.  Any other RCHS fans gettng excited?

I'm pretty excited about this game, win or lose, it's nice as a Rhea Co. fan to be anxious for a game. It's been a while since we've been in a position like this. The kids are playing well and having fun and I hope for a big win against CHS. Any other RCHS fans gettng excited?

Ohh yeah......very excited. Hoping the eagles can stay away from the silly penalties that plagued us over at Walker Valley. Take control early and play our game, "ground and pound" and pepper in a few passes to keep the defense honest. I believe CMP has drove home the importance of starting strong and finishing strong over the last couple of weeks. This bunch appears to respond well to his coaching have improved week to week. This will be a solid test for RCHS and could end up being a great ball game.

Go Eagles!

Edited by RCfan