Central vs AC

MAVERICK1995

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's the way I see this game going. Stay with me here. Picture it in your head as I make my prediction.

Ok, AC will out gain Central 400 yards to 94. AC will have trouble with the speed of the db's for central and have a few turnovers, one for a pick six. AC will drive the ball down to feild goal position on the final drive of game, Gilliam will tell hicks to spike it dead since he has no time outs, WOOPS! It's fourth down!!!!! Game over!!! Central wins this one like 17-16. !!! Lol

What was the difference in their play? Did not get to see the game? Wondering what happened that would have changed the outcome.

Offensive efficiency was much improved (11-14 on 3rd down), no killer penalties, and much better overall on defense. They played as a unit, communicated on the field, and the coaches made great adjustments when needed. This was the first time it all came together this year for the panthers. Until now they came out and looked uninspired and just plain lazy at times, and they played like that in their first four games. Obviously, it wouldn't have mattered against Fulton either way. Edited by powellphoto

Ok here's the way I see this game going. Stay with me here. Picture it in your head as I make my prediction.

Ok, AC will out gain Central 400 yards to 94. AC will have trouble with the speed of the db's for central and have a few turnovers, one for a pick six. AC will drive the ball down to feild goal position on the final drive of game, Gilliam will tell hicks to spike it dead since he has no time outs, WOOPS! It's fourth down!!!!! Game over!!! Central wins this one like 17-16. !!! Lol

You're petty CC. Who gets on here and runs down the twins? Nobody I've seen. Some of you CC people on here are just small. Oh, let me throw in a lol in here and that makes me cool.

Aint #5 anymore. Not like those rankings really mean anything right now anyways.

Rankings dont mean a thing in highschool football. Its not like you get seeded by your ranking. But I can see where its fun for the players and fans. But ive never put much emphasis on it. Just go out and win and everything else will fall into place.

Space doesn't post on the weekends. As for the loss, ain't the end of my world just like killing CC for the last umpteen years doesn't make me all giddy. INSERT OBLIGATORY "LOL" HERE.

See what I mean. U guys kill me. AC give up 41 points, loses by 14 and you were right in the game. But u beat poor ole CC by 5 points and u killed them. ???

Rankings dont mean a thing in highschool football. Its not like you get seeded by your ranking. But I can see where its fun for the players and fans. But ive never put much emphasis on it. Just go out and win and everything else will fall into place.

I agree. Those pollsters i guess are coaches? Most of them don't know a thing about OR or AC or whoever. They just go by your record and how bad you beat a team for the most part or if you're like OR you get a ranking based on your name whether you deserve it or not. And that's just me being straight up honest. We are not a top 10 team right now and that's ok with me because it doesn't mean squat really. What matters is if you're still playing in November.

Offensive efficiency was much improved (11-14 on 3rd down), no killer penalties, and much better overall on defense. They played as a unit, communicated on the field, and the coaches made great adjustments when needed. This was the first time it all came together this year for the panthers. Until now they came out and looked uninspired and just plain lazy at times, and they played like that in their first four games. Obviously, it wouldn't have mattered against Fulton either way.

OK. Was not sure. Sounds like they may be figuring it out. You were not impressed with Central I assume? Still not sure what to think about them. They beat Powell but does not sound like they were impressive. They gave Fulton a Fight early I understand after talking to a Fulton Guy (He would not say that publicly though, they hate each other). Scored twice on their first team D which has not been done. Had a good game Plan and gave them a little trouble early. Gave up two punt returns but moved the ball a little through the air. Had trouble tackling those guys but everybody does. That Fulton team is incredible.

Were you there? I haven't said we were or weren't in it. You are correct about this year's AC - CC game of course. My point is that I don't live our die by either. It's all in good fun gigging fans and all that, but you and a couple of others derive abnormal satisfaction in running specific people down to assuage your bitterness. I wasn't raised that way.