Henry Co. vs. Springfield

SEC1rules

Commish - unfortunately ribs aren't on the menu this week, but another tasty meal is. So come join us as early as you can, and bring your appetite! Remember that the game starts at 7:00. Look forward to seeing you guys!!!

My "young Cephus" of a friend.......why is the mighty HC on page two?????  Never fear....the YANKER is here.....and you're back at the top of page one! Things are dull in Henryland despite your winning ways. This YANKER will try to liven things up!  The scores you have long awaited.....JCM 27 - Northside 26.............HC 60 - Springfield 13..........I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homecoming FactsOnly

1   Baylor University has the earliest documented Homecoming, 1909

2   The University of Illinois, Champaign campus, had a Homecoming in 1910

3   The NCAA recognizes the U. of Missouri as being the Birthplace of Homecoming, 1911

4   The term "bonfire" is derived from the phrase "bone fire", referring to the burning of bones

5   The NCAA does not treat all schools equally

6   Used tires were used for bonfires when I was an adolescent, "used tar far"?

7   Bonfires are dangerous and unnecessary and should be abondoned

Isn't this week homecoming for HC? Probably doesn't mean as much nowadays, but homecoming used to be a pretty big deal. Hopefully there will be lots of fun and excitement around this one. Springfield usually plays us very tough, even when they are having a down year. Looking forward to this one. Also looking forward to the Commish and Kev coming to Paris to join in the tailgaiting fun!

Go Big RED!!!

Here alive and well, as the commish said, we are down, just glad they won the night they honored "us" 93' state title team, was nice getting together w/ my teammates and catching up on that rainy night. I will be at the game, just hope they play hard.....

Pretty solid week for HC football. Pats win big, Grove beat Milan 34-8 Thursday night, HC middle rolled passed Calloway County to get their 4th win in the last 5 games, and Inman Middle (6-0) will try to stay unbeaten this coming Tuesday when they take on Martin, which would give them a home game in the West TN playoffs. 

Hoping for the best for #41.

Did anyone else notice that we started 5 Sophs on defense. 5 other sophs got a huge amount of defensive playing time.

GO BIG RED

Funny you mention that. A buddy of mine and I were talking last night about all the underclassmen who regularly see the field for this HC team. And there truly are a ton.

What a football game at Henry County last night. We lost 37 to 7 and the score really wasn't that close BUT the atmosphere was collegiate like. From pre-game tailgating (some of the best red beans and rice I have ever eaten) to the Jumbotron, to the electricity in the air from Homecoming, to the best High School band I have ever seen, to hospitality in the press box, to all the well-wishers for our team after the game, and the “safe travel home†wishes got we got as we made our way to the car from NUMEROUS random fans. Yes Henry County, you showed us how to win and act with dignity. I tip my Springfield Yellow Jackets cap to you

Did anyone else happen to notice that the Head Ref (White Hat) and the side ref on Henry County side swapped places about halfway through the third quarter?  They finished the game this way.  The game was very well called and I am not complaining just have never seen this happen before.  We werent sure if the official (white hat) maybe got injuried or maybe he was letting the other official get some experience.  Just one of another reasons that we love High School football when things like this happen.