12A Basketball

RedTang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WOULD NOT SAY THAT WC WORKED THEM OVER. STOWN LED MOST OF THE GAME.  I THOUGHT WC RECEIVED SOME QUESTIONABLE CALLS EARLY, AND GOT IN SOME FOUL TROUBLE. THEN IN THE LAST TWO MINUTES STOWN  HAD TWO BAD CALLS AND ONE NO CALL THAT PUT THEM IN A POSITION OF HAVING TO FOUL AND WC RESPONDED BY MAKING THEIR FOUL SHOTS.  I THINK IT WAS A GOOD GAME THAT COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY.

Edited by eagleclaw73

Richland falls to CA last night.. Close at half CA steadily pulled away in 2nd.. Play again next week look forward to seeing new CA gym.. Haven't been there.. The twins are solid for CA.. I'd say they could give collinwood a run for their money in region tourney.. Speaking of which where is region this year?? Last year at Richland so somewhere in 12a

Collinwood has a big game with Summertown Friday, any thoughts out there.  I plan on going, hope its a good night for the Trojans...good to see Peyton Risner back out there, he brings a lot to the team when hes healthy

Unfortunately I think probably Collinwood by 12 pts.

Even if Collinwood weren't the older, bigger, and deeper team, Summertown does a good enough job of beating themselves with turnovers, bad shot selection and just occasional bad play to prevent them a chance of winning!

Summertown has the skills and talent to be competitive any given night with most teams.

It's usually after the halftime, and really just for a short window of time that Summertown does the damage to themselves. I don't know what happens during the half, but it wouldn't hurt the eagles to make a game adjustment at that time to give a different look to the game plan. Doesn't seem like that happens.

I just hope its tight thru 3 periods. If so then should be a good 4th quarter. If Morrison can play like he has shown a few times this year against Collinwood he will be the x factor. At least 2 of his games this season has been the best play I've seen from any high school player in recent history. When he's on, he's a beast!!

Loretto got down early in the first qtr by 10 and was down by as many as 16 in the 3rd.  They made a comeback and tied it up with about 3 minutes to go in the 4th.  Had to foul and Waynesboro made the shots.  Loretto lost by 5, I think Sawyer Ray had about 37 points as he couldn't miss, did a great job and had a very good night.  Loretto did not shoot well at all either game this year against Waynesboro and has to do a better job at hitting the shots and not rushing shots.

Looks like it is shaping up like:

1 Collinwood

2 Waynesboro

3 Loretto

4 Summertown

5 Perry Co.

6 Frank Hughes

Isnt it that 1 & 2 get buys then 3 plays 6 (winner plays 2) and 4 plays 5 (winner plays 1)?  Also, what day does the tournament start?

Loretto got down early in the first qtr by 10 and was down by as many as 16 in the 3rd.  They made a comeback and tied it up with about 3 minutes to go in the 4th.  Had to foul and Waynesboro made the shots.  Loretto lost by 5, I think Sawyer Ray had about 37 points as he couldn't miss, did a great job and had a very good night.  Loretto did not shoot well at all either game this year against Waynesboro and has to do a better job at hitting the shots and not rushing shots.

Looks like it is shaping up like:

1 Collinwood

2 Waynesboro

3 Loretto

4 Summertown

5 Perry Co.

6 Frank Hughes

Isnt it that 1 & 2 get buys then 3 plays 6 (winner plays 2) and 4 plays 5 (winner plays 1)?  Also, what day does the tournament start?

Correct. Starts February 10th I believe at Wayne Co. Not sure of who plays when but Loretto/Frank Hughes & Summertown/Perry Co are the boys 1st round.  Semi's are Wayne Co vs LHS/FHHS winner & Collinwood vs SHS/PCHS winner.  Top 4 advance to Regionals also at Wayne Co. 

Region at Wayne cool good older gym should provide great atmosphere and should see some exciting games.. Is Loretto playing better see where they lost by 5 to WC.. Richland plays at Loretto tues beat them by 12 at Richland early but a lot of ball since then..

Yeah should be fun! Yes, Loretto is playing better. At times they are playing extremely well. They didn't play well in 1st half vs Wayne Co & was down by 18 in the 4th quarter & came back & actually tied it up before losing by 5. Playing Santa Fe tonight & Richland tomorrow night. Both games can be seen on Mustangstv.com One thing for sure, they never quit. Should be an exciting District Tournament!