Jackson Christian at TCA

ReitzFan

On Friday, Jackson Christian (2-3) travels to TCA (6-0) for a district 15A matchup.  Last season as a non-district matchup, these two teams combined to put 97 points on the board in a game won 55-42 by JCS.  The winner of this game will have first place in the district all to themselves. 

The Eagles of Jackson Christian feature a running attack lead by Johnny Williams who has 500 yards on the season.  JC quarterback Cedric Hampton has rushed for 336 yards while passing for an additional 451 yards.

TCA is lead by QB Kyle Akin who has already thrown for 20 touchdowns and 1450 yards while rushing for an additional 255 yards.  He is fast appoaching the top 10 all-time in a couple of TSSAA passing categories.  TCA also features the running back cobination of Andrew Goldsmith and James Bond who have combined to rush for 819 yards and 9 touchdowns.  The potent TCA wide receivers include Chase Diggs and Eli Parker who have combined for 986 yards and 12 scores.  Grant Reviere and Ryan Smith have combined for 357 yards and 6 scores.  In total, six different wideouts have scored for TCA this season. 

Give me your thoughts on this matchup that should feature a SRO crowd at TCA on Friday.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can listen to this game on WDVW 105.3fm.  Diamond Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard will call the action of this contest.  The Countdown to Kickoff Pregame Show begins at 6:30pm central time and the kickoff is slated for 7pm. You can also listen in online at http://www.gracebroadcasting.com .

A few special notes of interest for this game........

TCA quarterback Kyle Akin is only 105 yards away from 6000 for his

career.

Akin is also only 995 yards away from 10th place on the all time

TSSAA passing yardage list.

Kyle Akin is also only 6 touchdown passes away from 7th place on

the all time list.

Edited by ReitzFan