Gerry Bertier's Weekly Playoff Update

Gerry Bertier

There is an out side chance that Milan ls District Runner-up and throws a monkey wrench into this.  I am assuming that you are predicting Dyersburg to beat Milan??  If Milan beats Dyersburg and Westview and Dyersburg win out afterwards..... you will end up with 3 teams tied for 1st in 13AA. 

3 Way Ties would go to Total Wins Tiebreaker which would go to Dyersburg, then 2nd place would be decided from head to head which would go to Westview. Milan would still be a wild card at 5-5 and open at Westview instead of Lewis Co.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Way Ties would go to Total Wins Tiebreaker which would go to Dyersburg, then 2nd place would be decided from head to head which would go to Westview. Milan would still be a wild card at 5-5 and open at Westview instead of Lewis Co.

Yeah... you are right.  But here is where the "outside" chance comes in and I guess it could make us a district champ.  Westview still has to play Crockett.  If Crockett pulls the upset which is very possible, Westview will have 2 district losses.  And if Milan beats Dyersburg. they would have the same district record as Dyersburg but would win the district because they won the head to head match-up.  Like I said.... long shot.  But anything is possible. 

Yeah... you are right.  But here is where the "outside" chance comes in and I guess it could make us a district champ.  Westview still has to play Crockett.  If Crockett pulls the upset which is very possible, Westview will have 2 district losses.  And if Milan beats Dyersburg. they would have the same district record as Dyersburg but would win the district because they won the head to head match-up.  Like I said.... long shot.  But anything is possible. 

With Milan's Tradition anything is possible. I still see you guys in the Semis this year rematching with CPA.

who do you have beating Westmoreland to finish 7-3  east being 1 of them which is a very good team

Greenbriar and White House. I think both those games are toss ups, but just how I see them based on looking at scores and having seen teams play. But hey that is why they play the games, I am sure Westmoreland would love to prove me wrong.

I totally understand that Fairview had loads of turnovers.  I surely could have been differently minus the turnovers.... I won't argue that.  I am just basing it on results and those can't be argued.  For what its worth.... I like Fairview.  You guys have some great fans!!!

Understood. AP polls are opinion driven though and I'm sure it's of "popular opinion" that the outcome of that game was somewhat of a fluke considering the penalties and turnovers. I know the Lewis faithful will need blood pressure medication after reading that but that's just how it is otherwise they'd have them ranked over Fairview.

I'm not defending one way or the other. As far as anyone knows, Fairview could make the same mistakes and Lewis could make the same playa again if they played again. The bottom line is they played and Lewis won. Which is reflected in the standings. Not to be confused with rankings. Which are meaningless at the end of the day.

Btw BPM, I like your bulldogs and fans too. There's not a team out there I'd rather get beat 38-20 at home by. :D

Understood. AP polls are opinion driven though and I'm sure it's of "popular opinion" that the outcome of that game was somewhat of a fluke considering the penalties and turnovers. I know the Lewis faithful will need blood pressure medication after reading that but that's just how it is otherwise they'd have them ranked over Fairview.

I'm not defending one way or the other. As far as anyone knows, Fairview could make the same mistakes and Lewis could make the same playa again if they played again. The bottom line is they played and Lewis won. Which is reflected in the standings. Not to be confused with rankings. Which are meaningless at the end of the day.

Btw BPM, I like your bulldogs and fans too. There's not a team out there I'd rather get beat 38-20 at home by. :D

yea your right! thats why Fairview  is ranked ahead of Lewis! because we all know that voters seen that ya'll had 5 turovers and got on coachT and seen where Fairview  fans are complaining about all of them penaltys and so they decided to keep Fairview at # 4 in the poll 

yea your right! thats why Fairview  is ranked ahead of Lewis! because we all know that voters seen that ya'll had 5 turovers and got on coachT and seen where Fairview  fans are complaining about all of them penaltys and so they decided to keep Fairview at # 4 in the poll

You might be right. Contact the voters and ask for an explanation.

FLUKE! THAT'S FUNNY LEWIS WAS AHEAD BY 2TDS FOR MOST OF THE SECOND HALF! You people from Fairview just can't let it go can! Its over! I've never heard of so much excuses being made! WE HAD 5 TURNOVERS,THE REFS CALLED TO MANY PENALTYS, LEWIS CO PLAYED GOOD AND WE PLAYED BAD!