Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 7

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are the cockiest fans I have ever seen (Greeneville & Fulton). Is modesty dead? Your probably thinking I'm a lowley ole Dekalb fan that shouldn't even be allowed to even post on a thread of this caliber. But your acting like people shouldn't even be allowed to be on the same field with you. I hope someone pops both of your hot-air bubbles. Your heads are big around as Jupiter. I'm not trying to down anyone but sheesh.

Modesty is another word for mediocrity  You know what "Fan" stands for? Fanatic!... your darn right there should be some cockiness from the fans from Greeneville and Fulton. In my opinion and I know I can't speak for Fulton fans, but until last year we had to play them here in Greeneville (2010&2011) it was the one team that always scared myself and a couple of other dads...LOL while going through the playoffs.once we got past them we never felt like we would lose...They are full of history and are a successful program with State Championships under their belt. Greeneville was the new kid on the block back in 2009 and hasn't changed their address since. Until Fulton knocked off Greeneville last year, Greeneville hadn't lost to another 4A school since Giles County in the 2009 State Championship game. Greeneville got their payback in 2011. This year is much the same... However, there are other teams that have changed their addresses here in the east and are trying to stay on the block. Fulton fans know their team is great this year... they should, their loaded! and they are the defending State Champion however, the Greeneville faithfull are seeing  something special in this years Greeneville team as well... Whats great about "Great"  fans as well as the "Great" programs is that they relish in the opportunity to have their teams play other "Great" teams. Over the years I have seen so many times on these message boards from fans that say... " I hope we get this seed so we can ovoid XYZ team" if your going to be a champion you have to play the best so, avoidance is only delaying the outcome you have already expected. 

So...I don't have a dog in this hunt anymore so,other than being just a  "fanatic" now, I can tell you if your are not from the east and more specifically you are not a Devil or a Falcon you will not be hoisting a "Gold Ball" for some time! Hows that for Modesty?!

Modesty is another word for mediocrity You know what "Fan" stands for? Fanatic!... your darn right there should be some cockiness from the fans from Greeneville and Fulton. In my opinion and I know I can't speak for Fulton fans, but until last year we had to play them here in Greeneville (2010&2011) it was the one team that always scared myself and a couple of other dads...LOL while going through the playoffs.once we got past them we never felt like we would lose...They are full of history and are a successful program with State Championships under their belt. Greeneville was the new kid on the block back in 2009 and hasn't changed their address since. Until Fulton knocked off Greeneville last year, Greeneville hadn't lost to another 4A school since Giles County in the 2009 State Championship game. Greeneville got their payback in 2011. This year is much the same... However, there are other teams that have changed their addresses here in the east and are trying to stay on the block. Fulton fans know their team is great this year... they should, their loaded! and they are the defending State Champion however, the Greeneville faithfull are seeing something special in this years Greeneville team as well... Whats great about "Great" fans as well as the "Great" programs is that they relish in the opportunity to have their teams play other "Great" teams. Over the years I have seen so many times on these message boards from fans that say... " I hope we get this seed so we can ovoid XYZ team" if your going to be a champion you have to play the best so, avoidance is only delaying the outcome you have already expected.

So...I don't have a dog in this hunt anymore so,other than being just a "fanatic" now, I can tell you if your are not from the east and more specifically you are not a Devil or a Falcon you will not be hoisting a "Gold Ball" for some time! Hows that for Modesty?!

one of the best posts ever

Modesty is another word for mediocrity  You know what "Fan" stands for? Fanatic!... your darn right there should be some cockiness from the fans from Greeneville and Fulton. In my opinion and I know I can't speak for Fulton fans, but until last year we had to play them here in Greeneville (2010&2011) it was the one team that always scared myself and a couple of other dads...LOL while going through the playoffs.once we got past them we never felt like we would lose...They are full of history and are a successful program with State Championships under their belt. Greeneville was the new kid on the block back in 2009 and hasn't changed their address since. Until Fulton knocked off Greeneville last year, Greeneville hadn't lost to another 4A school since Giles County in the 2009 State Championship game. Greeneville got their payback in 2011. This year is much the same... However, there are other teams that have changed their addresses here in the east and are trying to stay on the block. Fulton fans know their team is great this year... they should, their loaded! and they are the defending State Champion however, the Greeneville faithfull are seeing  something special in this years Greeneville team as well... Whats great about "Great"  fans as well as the "Great" programs is that they relish in the opportunity to have their teams play other "Great" teams. Over the years I have seen so many times on these message boards from fans that say... " I hope we get this seed so we can ovoid XYZ team" if your going to be a champion you have to play the best so, avoidance is only delaying the outcome you have already expected. 

So...I don't have a dog in this hunt anymore so,other than being just a  "fanatic" now, I can tell you if your are not from the east and more specifically you are not a Devil or a Falcon you will not be hoisting a "Gold Ball" for some time! Hows that for Modesty?!

Good psot from a Falcon !!!

Modesty is another word for mediocrity You know what "Fan" stands for? Fanatic!... your darn right there should be some cockiness from the fans from Greeneville and Fulton. In my opinion and I know I can't speak for Fulton fans, but until last year we had to play them here in Greeneville (2010&2011) it was the one team that always scared myself and a couple of other dads...LOL while going through the playoffs.once we got past them we never felt like we would lose...They are full of history and are a successful program with State Championships under their belt. Greeneville was the new kid on the block back in 2009 and hasn't changed their address since. Until Fulton knocked off Greeneville last year, Greeneville hadn't lost to another 4A school since Giles County in the 2009 State Championship game. Greeneville got their payback in 2011. This year is much the same... However, there are other teams that have changed their addresses here in the east and are trying to stay on the block. Fulton fans know their team is great this year... they should, their loaded! and they are the defending State Champion however, the Greeneville faithfull are seeing something special in this years Greeneville team as well... Whats great about "Great" fans as well as the "Great" programs is that they relish in the opportunity to have their teams play other "Great" teams. Over the years I have seen so many times on these message boards from fans that say... " I hope we get this seed so we can ovoid XYZ team" if your going to be a champion you have to play the best so, avoidance is only delaying the outcome you have already expected.

So...I don't have a dog in this hunt anymore so,other than being just a "fanatic" now, I can tell you if your are not from the east and more specifically you are not a Devil or a Falcon you will not be hoisting a "Gold Ball" for some time! Hows that for Modesty?!

we have went quad 1 twice in the last two year loosing in the second round twice. Our program has never been a good one here in the last 6 years people has started thinking, hey DeKalb isn't an easy win anymore. We play the number 3 in 3a next week so that will gauge how far we go this year until we meet one of you. You guys have amazing programs that any fan would be proud of, but everywhere your fans go you just shove it down people's throats. Which means when you loose your going to have a big helping of crow. I actually hope we get to play one of you. Just to see it first hand, no matter the outcome.

we have went quad 1 twice in the last two year loosing in the second round twice. Our program has never been a good one here in the last 6 years people has started thinking, hey DeKalb isn't an easy win anymore. We play the number 3 in 3a next week so that will gauge how far we go this year until we meet one of you. You guys have amazing programs that any fan would be proud of, but everywhere your fans go you just shove it down people's throats. Which means when you loose your going to have a big helping of crow. I actually hope we get to play one of you. Just to see it first hand, no matter the outcome.

You are playing right into my hands... We wouldn't eat crow... We would just RELOAD!! I hope Dekalb does get the privilege  to meet with the Devils or the Falcons. That means you have proved my point from my first post... If the quads remain as they are right now, you would have beaten some Very GOOD teams to get the Semi's which then means you have to beat the "BEST" to get the "GOLD BALL" The Devils get to see what Quad 2 has to offer as they get ready to take on Signal Mountain next Friday. I wish we could of played them while my son was still playing, but they to are some of the greatest "Fanatics" its what makes this whole thing what it is... Some of the greatest memories of a young mans life... or heck fathers living vicariously through there sons..LOL..If the fans and a community feel they are unstoppable then that trickles on down to the players...trust me!  Its an amazing feeling what something as small as a local High School football team can do for a community. Its why High School football is so great. All it takes is one good season or heck 1 championship season and I guarantee you will be able to talk smack just like the rest of us! lol Remember... its fanatic. If you don't expect your team to win then you aren't a FAN.

My father told me once while I was preparing to play in a State Championship game as a HS Sr... every player puts their pants on the same way...what separates the champion is what they did while wearing those pants.

Start an epidemic... Become a Fanatic for your Team...it spreads and who knows where it will take your boys. Good Luck and hope to see you down the road. 

Devil fans have not ever shied away from their crow. We can and will eat it cold and dry, one bite at a time and congratulate those who fed it to us. When you are "all in" for your team, you have to take the bad with the good and do it in a way that shows just how much you appreciate all their hard work and sacrifice. I often find some of my fellow Devil fans posts to be somewhat cringe-worthy, but that in-your-face, unapologetic support for the boys is what being a fan is all about.