Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 7

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greeneville hasn't play a team wit a winning record my bad they have a 4-3 team so you should have a top 20 everything when u don't play good teams.

as of today Pearl Cohn and Greeneville has six opponents each with records of at least 500 and the combined win/loss totals for Pearl is 37-38 and Greeneville 35-36 and your bragging about your schedule and blasting ours. South who is rated 3rd only has 2 teams on the schedule at 500 with a combined record of 31-41

greeneville hasn't play a team wit a winning record my bad they have a 4-3 team so you should have a top 20 everything when u don't play good teams.

ok morristown west usually a top 10 team in 5a are having a bad year (2012 they were 7-3)  (2011 they were 9-1 )( 2010 7-3 )  JEFF CO 2012 8-2 / 2011 6-4 / 2010 6-4  DANIEL BOONE 2012 8-2 / 2011 5-5 / 2010 8-2 OK SO WE THAT BEING GREENEVILLE  knew that all these teams were going to have a down year so we scheduled them so we could beat up on them ! thats why we have a schedule that looks weak - you do not know the history of mo west , jeff co and boone footbal they usually have some tough programs they have just fell on tough times this year --Harlan county from kentucky was a state runner up a couple of years ago tough and big and physical team--- the conference that greeneville plays in was not by their choice it was the TSSAA!  they did this because of travel between games so take that up with them we have nothing esle to say about that and we have signal mt coming up they won the class 2a state the same year we won  the 4a championship so i suggest you do your homework on the game before you try and say that greeneville has not played anybody this year ! They are Just that good! on a lighter note i have been looking for youralls playoff history and i dont see any state championships - Take heed the 4 a Champion will come from east tenn !FACT !

as of today Pearl Cohn and Greeneville has six opponents each with records of at least 500 and the combined win/loss totals for Pearl is 37-38 and Greeneville 35-36 and your bragging about your schedule and blasting ours. South who is rated 3rd only has 2 teams on the schedule at 500 with a combined record of 31-41

ok morristown west usually a top 10 team in 5a are having a bad year (2012 they were 7-3)  (2011 they were 9-1 )( 2010 7-3 )  JEFF CO 2012 8-2 / 2011 6-4 / 2010 6-4  DANIEL BOONE 2012 8-2 / 2011 5-5 / 2010 8-2 OK SO WE THAT BEING GREENEVILLE  knew that all these teams were going to have a down year so we scheduled them so we could beat up on them ! thats why we have a schedule that looks weak - you do not know the history of mo west , jeff co and boone footbal they usually have some tough programs they have just fell on tough times this year --Harlan county from kentucky was a state runner up a couple of years ago tough and big and physical team--- the conference that greeneville plays in was not by their choice it was the TSSAA!  they did this because of travel between games so take that up with them we have nothing esle to say about that and we have signal mt coming up they won the class 2a state the same year we won  the 4a championship so i suggest you do your homework on the game before you try and say that greeneville has not played anybody this year ! They are Just that good! on a lighter note i have been looking for youralls playoff history and i dont see any state championships - Take heed the 4 a Champion will come from east tenn !FACT !

I'm just gonna have to sit here and agree with all these Greenville fans and kids. But, In the end I'm gonna say I told you so. Good luck to all. And if we do get the chance to play at Greenville, I hope they have enought cannon balls to shoot it when Fulton walks away with that smile on there face. Thinking, I told them we was coming. Fulton kids love to go to someone else's home and put there foot down on the prudy field. Money wasted! You might should go buy new mouth pieces before the boys come home without there purdy whites! And at the end of the game I want all you Greenville fans, and kids to come on here and tell me your sorry. And Fulton is going to win the state game again. Thanks you for reading this post.

Ps, keep your head up barb after the game because those Greenville kids are good kids and play with a lot of heart. Just Fulton is way to much.

I'm just gonna have to sit here and agree with all these Greenville fans and kids. But, In the end I'm gonna say I told you so. Good luck to all. And if we do get the chance to play at Greenville, I hope they have enought cannon balls to shoot it when Fulton walks away with that smile on there face. Thinking, I told them we was coming. Fulton kids love to go to someone else's home and put there foot down on the prudy field. Money wasted! You might should go buy new mouth pieces before the boys come home without there purdy whites! And at the end of the game I want all you Greenville fans, and kids to come on here and tell me your sorry. And Fulton is going to win the state game again. Thanks you for reading this post.

Ps, keep your head up barb after the game because those Greenville kids are good kids and play with a lot of heart. Just Fulton is way to much.

If Fulton walks away from Burley with the win, you will get compliments and congratulations, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on an apology cause you won't get it on Coacht.

Not that I'm a Pearl-Cohn fan, but the Firebirds won back to back championships in 1996 and 1997.  Perhaps you can do your homework as well. Also better punctuation and grammar would make your posts easier to read and comprehend.

I don't see much destination between 4A and 3A.  Both classes are in the same districts. They have been in the same district as CPA and Lipspcomb Academy (both 3A) for years. And they have been in the same district/region with Maplewood (4A) for longer than that. When the Firebirds won their championships they were a 4A team back when there was still only five classifications.

Also, I don't see 4A being any harder than 3A on the west side of the playoff bracket, where they'll likely end up.

Finally, while I can see them making it to the championship game,  I don't see them having a defense good enough to beat either Fulton or Greeneville. 

Pearl Cohn just moved up right? This is 4a a lot harder than 3a

Pearl Cohn just moved up right? This is 4a a lot harder than 3a

There is no difference in 3A and 4A. I can argue that 3A has been far more competitive from top to bottom than 4A the last four years.

Also for those harping on Pearl Cohn's weak schedule, why do the Firebirds sit ahead of Fulton and Greeneville in the 4A playoff standings right now?