Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 7

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Fulton really does not care where they are seeded. I think no matter where they play they will be the favorite. I do not know anything about west tn ,but I know, outside of Greeneville no one out the middle or east can keep a game within 4 tds of Fulton. They are just that dominant this year. So I believe they should get the number 1 seed no matter the quad, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter to them at all.

So, please explain why Dyersburg is 2nd in Quad 4 instead of Covington. Covington ranks higher in the TSSAA standings, as I see them.

Just trying to understand.

also...covington has 2 losses and dyersburg has just 1...when seeding comes...dburg will get the better seed unless they fall before the season ends

also...covington has 2 losses and dyersburg has just 1...when seeding comes...dburg will get the better seed unless they fall before the season ends

Yep, I see that now. Well, the secret to advancing in the playoffs is to "just win, baby". Last year was favorable to Covington, with playoff games at home. This year, we will have to win some on the road if we advance.

We will take this one game at a time. There are still 3 regular season games to play.

After finally getting a chance to see pearl cohn this week I think they can play with Fulton. They have a dominating line on both sides of the ball, good skill guys, and pretty decent special teams. So whoever said no one from middle tn could stay within four tds I hope we get a chance to see a match up of those two. Still a lot of football to be played before then though.

Fresh off the tssaa press Mr. Bertier

Class 4A (Week 7)
Quad 1: Elizabethton,Sullivan South,Claiborne County,Grainger,Greeneville,Knoxville Carter,Knoxville Fulton,Scott County
Quad 2: Knoxville Catholic,Sequoyah,East Ridge,Hixson,Signal Mountain,DeKalb County,Giles County,Page
Quad 3: Greenbrier,White House,Maplewood,Pearl Cohn,Montgomery Central,Lexington,Liberty Magnet,Jackson Northside
Quad 4: Crockett County,Dyersburg,Obion County,Covington,Haywood County,Ripley,Trezevant,Craigmont

In my opinion Fulton really does not care where they are seeded. I think no matter where they play they will be the favorite. I do not know anything about west tn ,but I know, outside of Greeneville no one out the middle or east can keep a game within 4 tds of Fulton. They are just that dominant this year. So I believe they should get the number 1 seed no matter the quad, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter to them at all.

That's your opinion but Pearl Cohn is just as good as Greenevile if not better.

I dunno about unicoi now In order to hit the 4 win mark they will have to beat Happy valley and Central. The road I think would have been easier if they won this past week against Johnson CO. This Friday is a must win for any play off hopes for Unicoi. They play Elizabethton the following week then Central in the final.  I liked there chances better against Johnson Co but we shall see.  

Im still agreeing with your quad 1 other than. Elizabethton I think will be #2 

Edited by Woodby30

After finally getting a chance to see pearl cohn this week I think they can play with Fulton. They have a dominating line on both sides of the ball, good skill guys, and pretty decent special teams. So whoever said no one from middle tn could stay within four tds I hope we get a chance to see a match up of those two. Still a lot of football to be played before then though.

I haven't seen Fulton but I have seen Pearl Cohn. I don't think they can play beat Fulton. What a lot of people seem to overlook is defense. Fulton seems to have a very dominating defense to go along with their offense. Plus, MBA has shown that the Firebird's offense can be shut down. Fulton may not completely shut out Pearl Cohn. But I bet that Pearl Cohn doesn't come close to shutting down Fulton's offense.

I haven't seen Fulton but I have seen Pearl Cohn. I don't think they can play beat Fulton. What a lot of people seem to overlook is defense. Fulton seems to have a very dominating defense to go along with their offense. Plus, MBA has shown that the Firebird's offense can be shut down. Fulton may not completely shut out Pearl Cohn. But I bet that Pearl Cohn doesn't come close to shutting down Fulton's offense.

i didnt see pearl cohn in the top 20 in defense because their not --they are giving up 17.625 points per game  where greeneville is only giving up 3.9 and fulton only 4.1 so id say that pearl cohn does not play defense so in a game type situation between either greeneville or fulton  pearl cohn loses you cant win at the next level without a great defense!