Baylor at Brentwood Academy

WesVLT

Wes - just curious why you (or was it your compadre?) proclaimed Gaglianone "the best kicker in D2" last night. You won't get an "argument" from me....just curious as to your reasoning

He and Wunderlich are the best in the league. One may be better than the other, but the two are so much better than anyone else I've seen that I made the statement.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly - they must look straight up and i was on the edge of the sideline further away. everyone in my group standing around me saw the same thing. you see the ball "longer" at my angle. it was close sailed to the right of the post

I thought it was wide, too, and mentioned that on the broadcast. If I get a chance in the next day or two I'll isolate the video and put it in the game highlights.

not scary at all - it's a judgment call as he kicked it so high that it was above the uprights. had it gone thru the uprights even close to the poles it would have been easy to tell - it was a "high pop fly"

I haven't been over to the BA football field since the renovations were completed (I do look forward to getting back there on November 1). Did BA replace the goalposts with the stubby little uprights? If not, I understand why anyone would have trouble on even a moderately high kick - most of the middle schools in the Mid-State area have longer uprights than those old goalposts had.

Edited by RedRobin1

I haven't been over to the BA football field since the renovations were completed (I do look forward to getting back there on November 1). Did BA replace the goalposts with the stubby little uprights? If not, I understand why anyone would have trouble on even a moderately high kick - most of the middle schools in the Mid-State area have longer uprights than those old goalposts had.

Yeah, they replaced those a few years ago -- thank goodness.

Yeah, they replaced those a few years ago -- thank goodness.

I am virtually positive that they still had them last season - a quick check of archived games on video would tell, 'cause they stuck out like a sore thumb, even on video.. In any event, I am glad that they changed them out and am really looking forward to seeing the upgraded facilities in a few weeks.

I am virtually positive that they still had them last season - a quick check of archived games on video would tell, 'cause they stuck out like a sore thumb, even on video.. In any event, I am glad that they changed them out and am really looking forward to seeing the upgraded facilities in a few weeks.

I'll post some video in a bit. They're a recent addition, but they were there last year. I had a conversation about it with former BA kicker John Vaughn a year ago.

Eagerly awaiting the Ensworth game. Should be a great contest between two talented teams.

not scary at all - it's a judgment call as he kicked it so high that it was above the uprights. had it gone thru the uprights even close to the poles it would have been easy to tell - it was a "high pop fly"      

It was "scary" to me in that 3 points could change the outcome of a game

What if a team lost a playoff game on a FG that wasn't?  It's possible

Replaced 2010 I think. Ex college kicker donated the new posts.

Sept. 2, 2011 BA vs MBA game...new goal post are up. They were erected between 2010 season and 2011 season.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sa-CiPaop1I&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dsa-CiPaop1I%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player

Not sure if link works, if not search YouTube.

Right you are - thanks! Link works fine.