Week 9: South Gibson Co. Hornets (4-4) @ Jackson-Northside Indians (6-2)

NotNoahHouck

The difficultiy of the schedule makes no difference.  If we don't win at least one more game then our fate is in the hands of other teams.  We need to win one more and frankly if we can't win one more we don't need to be in the playoffs.  This is just my opinon but I think a 4-6 team needs to stay home and practice.

pdpotts I agree on the staying home and practice. Also note East Hickman last year was a 4-6 Team. Several teams this year have played a lot tougher than usual schedule which will lead to very interesting playoff situations. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. Good luck to the hornets the next two games.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pdpotts I agree on the staying home and practice. Also note East Hickman last year was a 4-6 Team. Several teams this year have played a lot tougher than usual schedule which will lead to very interesting playoff situations. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. Good luck to the hornets the next two games.

Thanks for the well wishes, Robojoe.  If we do make it into the playoffs (even with a 4-6 season) I'll be there cheering.  My main point is this.  If we can't beat North Side or Dyersburg, what chance do we stand in the playoffs.  Not much I think.  It's gonna be an interesting two weeks to see how this all plays out. 

Thanks for the well wishes, Robojoe.  If we do make it into the playoffs (even with a 4-6 season) I'll be there cheering.  My main point is this.  If we can't beat North Side or Dyersburg, what chance do we stand in the playoffs.  Not much I think.  It's gonna be an interesting two weeks to see how this all plays out. 

The only team in 3A that could beat Dyersburg is Alcoa and that would be a good game.  North Side would probably win at least a couple of games in the 3A playoffs if not more.  Don't let those two teams be a measuring stick for how you would do.  Wouldn't it be a great thing to make the playoffs and pick up the first playoff win in the programs history???  So what if you don't get another one..... that would still be a nice accomplishment for your program. 

The only team in 3A that could beat Dyersburg is Alcoa and that would be a good game.  North Side would probably win at least a couple of games in the 3A playoffs if not more.  Don't let those two teams be a measuring stick for how you would do.  Wouldn't it be a great thing to make the playoffs and pick up the first playoff win in the programs history???  So what if you don't get another one..... that would still be a nice accomplishment for your program. 

North Side and Dyersburg are both 4A teams.

Yes indeed, it would be a very nice accomplishment!  Our boys have played very good one week and then sloppy and lazy the next.  If they want to make it past the 1st round they are really gonna have to get their heads on right and come with a can't lose attitude.

northside wins this one by 2 td's or more.

the north side offense struggles mightily...their D is the key to them winning games and i dont believe SGC will be able to run on them...i doubt a young qb will be able to throw on them downfield successfully

sgc kicker is going to be workin hard friday night...if hes as good as ive heard then maybe he can really help out the hornets with field position and keep the ball away from the returner

NS lost a monster friday night at liberty...dline...just huge...run stopper up the middle...once he was gone liberty was able to run up the middle with much more success...

im gona ask dhsfb64 this as well when i find him...but did u see the dyersburg/westview game???  it was on tv for a while

is that the same dyersburg team that milan saw??? if not what is the difference

im gona ask dhsfb64 this as well when i find him...but did u see the dyersburg/westview game???  it was on tv for a while

is that the same dyersburg team that milan saw??? if not what is the difference

I have to admit that I did not see them on TV. I am basing my opinion on #1 What I saw in our game with them. #2 What I have seen of past championship teams and games #3 What I took away from the CPA game with Milan from a few weeks ago. Dyersburg looked much more physical than CPA. I truly believe that this years Dyersburg team is better than last year's Covington team.

Westview is a good team.... don't get me wrong. Dyersburg may be up and down... don't know that either. If so, that could be their Achilles heal. But they have all the tools to go to Cookeville. They just have to use them.