ECS(8-0) vs. TCA(8-0) the "showdown"

Intense

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ECS running back, Cole Heotis, is a beast.  I would compare him to Zack Neary of Adamsville although Heotis may be a bit more versitile.  They throw the swing pass to him out of the backfield alot.  He will take the handoff and go off tackle or run at the corners off of the option.  He is a good return man as well.  He is the straw that stirs the drink for ECS.  He is the complete package of everything that you could want in a high school running back.  I believe that the talented variety of running backs that TCA has faced this season will help to prepare for Heotis.  Lord knows TCA has seen their share of stud running backs this season. If you take the best qaulities of each good back we have seen this season and mix them together, you get Cole Heotis. 

Defensively, ECS will hit you.  They run a variety of blitz packages and they are very quick to the ball. I can assure you though that the ECS defense has not played against a QB as talanted as Kyle Akin and his corps of wide outs.  I firmly believe that ECS will give up yards through the air.  USJ has alot of success throwing the ball and they were using a back up quarterback to do it. 

The bottom line is that this game will have everything that you could want in a high school football game.  It won't be for the faint of heart I can assure you of that.

The ECS running back, Cole Heotis, is a beast.  I would compare him to Zack Neary of Adamsville although Heotis may be a bit more versitile.  They throw the swing pass to him out of the backfield alot.  He will take the handoff and go off tackle or run at the corners off of the option.  He is a good return man as well.  He is the straw that stirs the drink for ECS.  He is the complete package of everything that you could want in a high school running back.  I believe that the talented variety of running backs that TCA has faced this season will help to prepare for Heotis.  Lord knows TCA has seen their share of stud running backs this season. If you take the best qaulities of each good back we have seen this season and mix them together, you get Cole Heotis. 

Defensively, ECS will hit you.  They run a variety of blitz packages and they are very quick to the ball. I can assure you though that the ECS defense has not played against a QB as talanted as Kyle Akin and his corps of wide outs.  I firmly believe that ECS will give up yards through the air.  USJ has alot of success throwing the ball and they were using a back up quarterback to do it. 

The bottom line is that this game will have everything that you could want in a high school football game.  It won't be for the faint of heart I can assure you of that.

Great post Reitz! You are right, Heotis is a stud. I think he is very comparable to Neary and faster. He may not be quite as strong as Neary. Will be a high scoring affair. I think TCA's balanced offense will be the difference. Our defense is getting better and I don't think teams should discount us in that area! Can't wait for the game. Have lots if ECS friends that will be there!

there once was a qb named overbey...jake i believe

he was followed by another...a ryan garner

both pretty solid qbs as far as throwin the rock around the field

akin is a stud...but i believe ecs and coaches have seen very similar talents in the last few years

that being said...overbey and garner both won their fair share against those memphis boys

On paper I'd take ECS by 3 TD's. They're bigger, have more depth, and are more talented. That said, they never seem to quite play to their potential.

So, I'll take ECS by 7 but wouldn't be shocked if TCA edges them by a field goal.

By the way, dhstennis is dead on. TCA passing game is nothing new to ECS. USJ and other DII teams have been tossing the rock around very well for years now. Of course knowing it and stopping it are two different matters...

On paper I'd take ECS by 3 TD's. They're bigger, have more depth, and are more talented. That said, they never seem to quite play to their potential.

So, I'll take ECS by 7 but wouldn't be shocked if TCA edges them by a field goal.

By the way, dhstennis is dead on. TCA passing game is nothing new to ECS. USJ and other DII teams have been tossing the rock around very well for years now. Of course knowing it and stopping it are two different matters...

Kublah, I'm not sure where you are from but I assure you ECS is not more talented than TCA. Yes, they are probably bigger and have a little more depth but TCA has about 10 pure athletes that could start and play for any school regardless of size. You mention the passing attack, well that's why I mentioned balance. ECS hasn't seen a team with our balance. Goldsmith would be the leading rusher in West Tenn if he was with a team that was prone to run more. He's a stud and he's only a soph. Bond is a very quick back with great breakaway speed. I assure you if ECS tries to take away passing attack TCA will burn them with the run. TCA also has 6 receivers that are very skilled. Diggs, Parker and Ross are speedsters who can take it to the end zone on any given play. The other 3 have good speed and are great possession receivers. The point is that once again it's balance. Who are you going to cover? Also, the QB, has almost 400 yards rushing himself so he is also a run threat. Garner and Overby from USJ were two of best QB's to ever come out of West Tn but they never had as many weapons surrounding them. They always had one or two studs surrounding them but not 5 or 6. No way ECS wins by 3 TD's unless TCA turns it over multiple times. TCA hasn't turned it over very often to date but that certain could change. I agree it could be a 3 point game. TCA has the advantage in the kicking game and that might make a difference. TCA's defense will be deciding factor. Can they stop Heotis? If not, probably lose. If they contain him to 175 yards or less they win.

containing a back to 175 yards is a good thing???

do they teach D in 2a ball???

also...turnovers are generally forced...generally...so the defense should get the credit

Considering our past history 175 yards would be great!! We have a great pass defense so I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about the run!

TCAIntense I don't know if Goldsmith will start at running back anywhere else. You got Devin Bush at Liberty, Rodney Clark at JCM, Marcus Maxwell and Freshmen Tedarious Wilson at North Side, and Johnny Jones at Crockett Co. which will start over Goldsmith if Andrew went to those schools. I believe if Goldsmith went to SGC then yes he will start. 

And yes, stats wise Kyle Akin is the best QB in West Tennessee. But also with TCA is a spread offense that likes to throw the ball. But I also don't like comparing players because they play different. In other words, yes Kyle has about 2,000+ passing yards, but he also throw the football about 35-50 times a game, if not more.

Kublah, I'm not sure where you are from but I assure you ECS is not more talented than TCA. Yes, they are probably bigger and have a little more depth but TCA has about 10 pure athletes that could start and play for any school regardless of size. You mention the passing attack, well that's why I mentioned balance. ECS hasn't seen a team with our balance. Goldsmith would be the leading rusher in West Tenn if he was with a team that was prone to run more. He's a stud and he's only a soph. Bond is a very quick back with great breakaway speed. I assure you if ECS tries to take away passing attack TCA will burn them with the run. TCA also has 6 receivers that are very skilled. Diggs, Parker and Ross are speedsters who can take it to the end zone on any given play. The other 3 have good speed and are great possession receivers. The point is that once again it's balance. Who are you going to cover? Also, the QB, has almost 400 yards rushing himself so he is also a run threat. Garner and Overby from USJ were two of best QB's to ever come out of West Tn but they never had as many weapons surrounding them. They always had one or two studs surrounding them but not 5 or 6. No way ECS wins by 3 TD's unless TCA turns it over multiple times. TCA hasn't turned it over very often to date but that certain could change. I agree it could be a 3 point game. TCA has the advantage in the kicking game and that might make a difference. TCA's defense will be deciding factor. Can they stop Heotis? If not, probably lose. If they contain him to 175 yards or less they win.

I'm from Realityville, you?

Yes, ECS will be more talented. There will be a handful of D1 type guys on the field Friday night and only *maybe* one will be playing for TCA (Goldsmith).

ECS is a little different animal than what y'all are used to. Think lines bigger and with much better technique than Adamsville, no two-way players, solid execution in run and passing game, 80+ players on roster, and their skill guys will be as if not more athletic.

Like I said, if TCA wins Friday it will be because if superior execution in the passing game.

By the way, one good team in two decades does not a dynasty for TCA make. Do you really think the USJ team that went to Knoxville and put more on the scoreboard against Webb than Ensworth and Maryville only had "1 or 2 weapons"?

Have some perspective.