BLACKMAN BLAZE AT OAKLAND PATRIOTS

FridayMainEvent

Game Winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Blackman Blaze
    • Oakland Patriots

Sorry folks, I know there was a thread started on this one, but I wanted to get a poll going on the game to see who the CoachT faithful are favoring to win this one!  Spoke with Coach McDaniel and we will carry this one Thursday night on 93.9.  If you aren't able to catch it on TV, check us out for play by play action.  Our pregame begins at 6:00 PM.

Against the four district opponents both teams have faced, Oakland has averaged 50.5 points a game while giving up only 13.  Blackman has averaged 37.5  a game and gave up only 10 against the same teams.  Oakland scored more against Riverdale, Lavergne and Smyrna while Blackman put up more points against Siegel.  All victories are pretty comparable, so you don't really gain a lot of information from comparing common opponents.  The line play favors Oakland while skill players favors Blackman in my opinion.  

It's gonna be a great game between two teams who I feel have an excellent chance of meeting again in the quarterfinals.  Of course, Siegel or Smyrna may interrupt those plans as these two teams will likely play a first round game against each other at Siegel.  This is obviously contingent on Cookeville locking up the second place automatic qualifier in District 6.  If Cookeville places second, that moves them into the 3rd position in quad two and bumps Siegel down to the fourth seed.  That would force Smyrna to do on the road in their first round battle against Siegel. 

In an unusual twist of fate the loser of this game would probably have the easier playoff path.  Whoever represents Quad Two as the first place team would get the winner of the Siegel vs Smyrna first round matchup.   The loser would get the winner of the Cookeville vs. Bradley Central/Farragut game.  Something else to consider.  A lose Thursday night may be a win down the line from a playoff standpoint.

Edited by FreeAgent11

Against the four district opponents both teams have faced, Oakland has averaged 50.5 points a game while giving up only 13.  Blackman has averaged 37.5  a game and gave up only 10 against the same teams.  Oakland scored more against Riverdale, Lavergne and Smyrna while Blackman put up more points against Siegel.  All victories are pretty comparable, so you don't really gain a lot of information from comparing common opponents.  The line play favors Oakland while skill players favors Blackman in my opinion.  

It's gonna be a great game between two teams who I feel have an excellent chance of meeting again in the quarterfinals.  Of course, Siegel or Smyrna may interrupt those plans as these two teams will likely play a first round game against each other at Siegel.  This is obviously contingent on Cookeville locking up the second place automatic qualifier in District 6.  If Cookeville places second, that moves them into the 3rd position in quad two and bumps Siegel down to the fourth seed.  That would force Smyrna to do on the road in their first round battle against Siegel. 

In an unusual twist of fate the loser of this game would probably have the easier playoff path.  Whoever represents Quad Two as the first place team would get the winner of the Siegel vs Smyrna first round matchup.   The loser would get the winner of the Cookeville vs. Bradley Central/Farragut game.  Something else to consider.  A lose Thursday night may be a win down the line from a playoff standpoint.

Still alot to happen before those first rd playoff games come around.... 

But I agree, both of these teams will throw everything out there to be district champions this Thursday... now, is there anyway someone from East TN could watch this game on the internet??

The fact that Riverdale, Stewarts Creek, and Lavergne will not reach a 50% win rate will hurt district 7 in tie breakers. Independence can potentially leap frog both Smyrna and Siegel if they are able to secure that district 11 second place with wins over both Franklin and Brentwood. Not likely, but possible. In that case, Siegel would travel to Independence and Smyrna would travel to Cookeville first round. Lots still to be decided in this Quad for sure!