Sectional Matches

thejesuscyclist

Gerry, with all due respect, you have never been to Notre Dame or you wouldn't claim anything about facilities. I attended a club game today up on a mountain top near Dayton. Kudos to Rhea County for figuring out a way for their kids to play Division 2 club soccer. Any team with club players is going to have an advantage. Period. It has nothing to do with private or public.

I didn't type it wasn't applied in all sports. I typed it meant nothing in Soccer and Volleyball. If you can't tell me of a CURRENT TEAM that the multiplier has moved up to AAA then the multiplier means nothing, has no effect, has zero impact in those two sports. :flower:

Volleyball has A and AA separate. Quite a few teams are AA that were moved up from A.

Gerry, with all due respect, you have never been to Notre Dame or you wouldn't claim anything about facilities. I attended a club game today up on a mountain top near Dayton. Kudos to Rhea County for figuring out a way for their kids to play Division 2 club soccer. Any team with club players is going to have an advantage. Period. It has nothing to do with private or public.

CC. Did you not get your pass card to the private soccer indoor facility there on campus. I got mine. It's next to the pool and polo field. The monogrammed smoking jackets are a nice touch.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

A better question might be (despite Booger's inability to use percentages correctly) why does it work for volleyball and not soccer?  Sorry Booger, I know you just learned English about a month ago, you'll get math soon.

In my opinion, to answer the question, Private schools are not recruiting the the best Volleyball players.....yet.

...now that stings!!!

Booger's chances of shaking his Pom Poms at the dance = 100%

DeKalb's chances of shaking his Pom Poms at the dance = 0%

...someone check the math on that one

...now that stings!!!

Booger's chances of shaking his Pom Poms at the dance = 100%

DeKalb's chances of shaking his Pom Poms at the dance = 0%

...someone check the math on that one

Dekalb will be shaking his Poms for the two public schools.

Edited by trebs

This argument happens this time of year every year. Private vs Public.  The multiplier does not mean much when A and AA are still combined. Private schools do not have to compete with big AAA schools, as AAA schools have 1500-2000 students to find 20 that can play soccer and play year round. It hurts the public AA and A schools who now are forced to play people who can pick and choose their players.

Just because private schools can claim they do not recruit, you still can control who gets in and who gets left out of your school. If a student has talent, and they can afford to go, private schools will win out every time. Any one who claims that their admission process never looks at athletics is crazy. If you have two equally intelligent kids and the only difference is one plays a sport and the other doesn't, 100% of the time the athlete will be admitted over the other students because we will claim they are more well-round as a person.

It all comes back to the only true way to make it completely fair and that is to have two truely divided divisions. Simply put, if you charge tutition, you play in the private division, otherwise you play in the public division.

On a side note, I think it hilarious how private schools who do not man up and play in the private school division will say public schools should quit whining when this topic is brought up, but will complain that it is not fair to make them compete with the other private schools because they dont have as much money when that agrument is started. Private schools are private schools no matter how you choose to see it.

Dekalb will be shaking his Poms for the two public schools.

treb; you tell Dekalb what I will do

...Booger will shake his Poms for 1 of those Public Schools, of my own choosin, on the day of Woden...Tell'em Booger is seriously willing to take one for the TEAM, just to show him PUBS can show compassion and love...Booger has comitted to doing this for him, so don't try to talk me out of it...can you pass that on to Dekalb for me...He and I have the darndest time communicating

...now treb???? If you are tight with KAZ too; you tell him he can get sum Booger Love also

...shoot treb; why don't you just jump on in this pile of compassion

Edited by Booger

treb; you tell Dekalb what I will do

...Booger will shake his Poms for 1 of those Public Schools, of my own choosin, on the day of Woden...Tell'em Booger is seriously willing to take one for the TEAM, just to show him PUBS can show compassion and love...Booger has comitted to doing this for him, so don't try to talk me out of it...can you pass that on to Dekalb for me...He and I have the darndest time communicating

...now treb???? If you are tight with KAZ too; you tell him he can get sum Booger Love also

...shoot treb; why don't you just jump on in this pile of compassion

I am not tight with either one.

Are you going to root for Fairview so you do not have to play KC?

This argument happens this time of year every year. Private vs Public.  The multiplier does not mean much when A and AA are still combined. Private schools do not have to compete with big AAA schools, as AAA schools have 1500-2000 students to find 20 that can play soccer and play year round. It hurts the public AA and A schools who now are forced to play people who can pick and choose their players.

Just because private schools can claim they do not recruit, you still can control who gets in and who gets left out of your school. If a student has talent, and they can afford to go, private schools will win out every time. Any one who claims that their admission process never looks at athletics is crazy. If you have two equally intelligent kids and the only difference is one plays a sport and the other doesn't, 100% of the time the athlete will be admitted over the other students because we will claim they are more well-round as a person.

It all comes back to the only true way to make it completely fair and that is to have two truely divided divisions. Simply put, if you charge tutition, you play in the private division, otherwise you play in the public division.

On a side note, I think it hilarious how private schools who do not man up and play in the private school division will say public schools should quit whining when this topic is brought up, but will complain that it is not fair to make them compete with the other private schools because they dont have as much money when that agrument is started. Private schools are private schools no matter how you choose to see it.

Well put. I'll send you some love Booger, I can appreciate the fact that you so strongly support your team.  I have some parents like you, and I'm really glad to see parents that get behind there kids.  Good luck at State, maybe I'll see you there.

Well put. I'll send you some love Booger, I can appreciate the fact that you so strongly support your team.  I have some parents like you, and I'm really glad to see parents that get behind there kids.  Good luck at State, maybe I'll see you there.

...I'm overwhelmed Dekalb and Thank you! Come see Booger

I am not tight with either one.

Are you going to root for Fairview so you do not have to play KC?

your a wizzard trebs!...Booger ain't pullin for Liberty!...ND played KC earlier in the season and fell by 1...I'll take my Irish's chances aginst Goliath, before I will take anyones...I am a firm believer that if we can't beat'em; you shake their hands, hug your daughters neck and wipe her tears away (if she needs it); then load your stinking trash up and go home...the next day you get to work at getting bigger, stronger and faster while coming up with a better plan for the next round

...Booger calls that Sport