AC at Oakridge

MAVERICK1995

Proud of a young Wildcat team that has done alot better than most including me thought they could do all year.The offense has been average or worse all year but the defense has played great.Oak Ridge had lost about every starter and backup from last year and went 7-3.That d will be very good next year.And Tee higgins,Jones and Rowe will be hard to handle next year after a year of gettin bigger and not being new to varsity action that matters.The Cats will be what they use to be when Gaddis was bringing home the gold.Good job AC and good luck

P r e p x t r a reporting:

Fox 28 carries 268 yards 3 TD's

333 yards rushing as a team

389 total yards on offense

Henderson with 154 yards passing and 1td

OR with 85 yards rushing

That oul put the stats as:

AC 389-OR 239

Ok, sounds about right. The stats on the OR post game show were a little different. Sounds about right, though. So, mav. What did you think of us tonight? I know our offense stunk it up, but they're not as bad as they looked tonight. Although it definitely hasn't been our strong point this year. For AC I was impressed with both lines. Fox is very good, but on a few of those sweeps and the play up the middle he was basically untouched, so any good RB is gonn take those to the house. But, he is great. Was impressed with Hicks' running ability, too.

I think AC had a little over 300 yards. We had about 250 or so. Was a very tight, hard hitting affair. Most of AC's yards were in the run game, of course. Think they said Hicks only had about 50 yds passing. Hicks had 58 rushing yds, but could've had more if not for the sacks. Said on the radio Fox had 250 yds rushing. A lot of them coming on the 2 long runs.

I was really worried with OR massive offensive line and so was Davey dad. This was the one area they had concern. I am pleased with our perfomance. Really just glad to get out of Blankenship field with a win. We will need to plan ahead for OR next year as they have talent. We will have Fox back that is a plus.

I was really worried with OR massive offensive line and so was Davey dad. This was the one area they had concern. I am pleased with our perfomance. Really just glad to get out of Blankenship field with a win. We will need to plan ahead for OR next year as they have talent. We will have Fox back that is a plus.

It may be massive, but it definitely hasn't been our strong point all year. It has been a weak point, to be honest. A lot of it goes to the brand new blocking scheme Gaddis implemented when he took over. Whole different scheme then last year, and I still think we haven't firmly grasped it. By next year I think we will be a lot better up there. More of a zone blocking scheme this year, something our line coach Younger hasn't been used to as a coach in his whole career.

P r e p x t r a reporting:

Fox 28 carries 268 yards 3 TD's

333 yards rushing as a team

389 total yards on offense

Henderson with 154 yards passing and 1td

OR with 85 yards rushing

That oul put the stats as:

AC 389-OR 239

OK good detail. I thought we slowed a bit in 2nd half. Like to have money for the time we were in red zone. That is something we will have review because we may be seeing OR again soon. It would be great to see two AC teams again just hate we have to play each other. :)

It may be massive, but it definitely hasn't been our strong point all year. It has been a weak point, to be honest. A lot of it goes to the brand new blocking scheme Gaddis implemented when he took over. Whole different scheme then last year, and I still think we haven't firmly grasped it. By next year I think we will be a lot better up there. More of a zone blocking scheme this year, something our line coach Younger hasn't been used to as a coach in his whole career.

I know Gaddis is not pleased but I have really seen an improvement since the CC game. Wow! Glad we did not prepare for that team. And taking nothing away I assume CC has better themselves too. But Gaddis has brought this team a ways. Davey will really have to do his home work to keep this respectful next year. That film was worthless LOL

Edited by jeopardyperil

OK good detail. I thought we slowed a bit in 2nd half. Like to have money for the time we were in red zone. That is something we will have review because we may be seeing OR again soon. It would be great to see two AC teams again just hate we have to play each other. :)

True JP. Quad 1 in which we're projected looks to be brutal with possibly 3 of the top 5 teams in the state. Quad 2 won't be a slouch either.