5A Playoffs has of 10/25/13 or after week 9

mjuhb

Mav4.... You keep saying West is moving to Quad 2....Why is that? Is that something you are hoping for or something that you see within what TSSAA released today? Before you jump in and say "I have said all along, I wanna play West" it just seems that you are dead set on them heading to quad 2 when traditionally they have been in 1 and you guys have moved to Quad 2 before them.

Its about geography, it is more likely if things play out like they should that West moves to quad 2 due to the location of teams

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy big man. Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad. My question was a simple one too. It's all conjecture based on what the seeding criteria and travel factors dictate. M4L is taking a stab at it like anyone else. But then you gig him like he's trying to avoid West somehow, as if he had the ability to do so lol! If you don't like it I suggest you employ your obvious prodigious brainpower to the task and set the rest of us bumpkins straight how about it.

Typical AC jargon... They love to throw punches and when someone throws one at them the defensive begins... I think SS was right about many of you guys... Carry on with your evening Tommy Boy....

Typical AC jargon... They love to throw punches and when someone throws one at them the defensive begins... I think SS was right about many of you guys... Carry on with your evening Tommy Boy....

Good lord man, I was just trying to give an opinion. I have answered it pleanty of times an if you will read through the thread you will see that I am not the only one seeing it pan out that way but you are IMPLYING that I have some kind of agenda to put West in quad 2 or something. It is geography, and to answer your question as why i see it that way when AC is the traditional team to move the answer is simple, AC has not been a district champ in the new playoff system. In my opinion it is a travesty for a 9-1 disrticf runner up in knox west to be moved to quad 2 because they will go from a 2 seed to a 3 or 4 and that is not fair to them. The logical thing would be to move a 3 seed CC to quad 2 and keep West in quad 1 then no one is punished by losing their seed, but that will not happen due to geographic location. That is all, look at the post prior to mine today and you will see that I am not the one comin up with this scenario

Good lord man, I was just trying to give an opinion. I have answered it pleanty of times an if you will read through the thread you will see that I am not the only one seeing it pan out that way but you are IMPLYING that I have some kind of agenda to put West in quad 2 or something. It is geography, and to answer your question as why i see it that way when AC is the traditional team to move the answer is simple, AC has not been a district champ in the new playoff system. In my opinion it is a travesty for a 9-1 disrticf runner up in knox west to be moved to quad 2 because they will go from a 2 seed to a 3 or 4 and that is not fair to them. The logical thing would be to move a 3 seed CC to quad 2 and keep West in quad 1 then no one is punished by losing their seed, but that will not happen due to geographic location. That is all, look at the post prior to mine today and you will see that I am not the one comin up with this scenario

You obviously have misread something... My response was to TomChode.... Golly gee man... Let me put it here.... I appreciate your answer... Always enjoy reading your insight

You obviously have misread something... My response was to TomChode.... Golly gee man... Let me put it here.... I appreciate your answer... Always enjoy reading your insight

I guess i did, I appologize, just gets old when you post your opinion on how you think something will go and fans post on it and Imply you have some sort of agenda or something. It seems like there is a fan from every school that goes around just tryin to Imply that there is somehow a conspiracy in everything that someone else post instea of just looking at the post for what it is. I appologize again if I took u the wrong way, but please realize that I try to be fair in whatever I post and try hard to get it "right" its just with the playoffs the way they are we are all guessing.

And forgot to mention that one thing people forget when lookin at the quad releases is that the quads and seeding will not take into account district winners until all games are played, that is why it currently show west as the 1 seed in quad 1 and no the 3AAA winner, without the D3 champ being crowned it automaticly reverts to the fromula for seeding. 3AAA will have a 5A district winner this year so West will not be the 1 seed, thats where u start determining where teams are going. If AC wins thursday than they will be 3AAA champs and the 1 seed. Then you will have CC as a district runner up at 9-1 an West as a district runner ip at 9-1, then the geography comes in from every relm of the state and the way it looks is that CC will get put at the 2 seed in quad 1 and West moves to quad 2. Now i just 1 thing does not go as planed than that could mess this whole scenario up. Say OR wins the district and CC wins against Powell, then I could see AC moving to quad 2, but for predictions sake I always use the scenario on what should happen and on Paper AC should beat OR and CC should beat Powell, by no means does that mean they will, but it is the more likely scenario

How does a 4-6 Gibbs or Central make it in... If that were to happen... Because it seems that it could when looking at it

I do not see both of them getting in seeing how they play each other this friday, it is sort of like a play in game with the winner advancing. With the currwnt playoff formula district wins mean squat other than the top 2 in the district. After the 1st and 2nd team in the district is confirmed and they are put in then it moves to the playoff formula criteria which can get pretty complicated but basically it goes to overall wins, then teams on your schedule with .500 or better records and so on. Central and Gibbs are both currently 4-5 so after friday one will be 5-5 and the other 4-6. So the one that is 5-5 is more than likely in. What is crazy is that if Central had scheduled two easy games for their non district instead of Fulton and Jeff county then they would be sitting at 6-3 right now and be in the playoffs no matter what on Friday because it has nothing ro do with the district wins after the first 2 teams have been identified

How does a 4-6 Gibbs or Central make it in... If that were to happen... Because it seems that it could when looking at it

It's pretty unlikely. Winner of that game is pretty much a lock, but the loser could still sneak in. Hillsboro and Cherokee should win, so they would get in. Depends on what Columbia, Kenwood, Tullahoma, Boone, and Soddy all do.