Silverdale @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bucs have a lot of growing to still but the Defense lead by #7, #56 and #3 stepped it up tonight. Showed a lot of fire and heart. Good to see. That patsy schedule makes the seachickens look good in the paper but they won't make it past the 1st round.

Edited by buc55

The Bocs have a lot of growing to still but the Defense lead by #7, #56 and #3 stepped it up tonight. Showed a lot of fire and heart. Good to see. That patsy schedule makes the seachickens look good in the paper but they won't make it past the 1st round.

Alot of kids grew up tonight and to hear them talk about that senior class from last year coming to the game and then to the locker room was very special and motivating to them. Boyd is a special place!!!

Edited by skydogg25

I'm calling BULLCRAP on all of this schedule comparison stuff. This stupid playoff system that the geniuses at TSSAA have in place gives no credence to subjective polls (as it should be, because people who vote in those polls know less about football than the self proclaimed experts on this board), so there is no reason for a team to schedule "tough" opponents to ready them for playoff action. because as we can all see, a mediocre boyd team can back into the playoff by playing and losing to mediocre - good teams during regular season. let's be honest, how has boyd bettered themselves and their playoff chances by getting blown out by SP(good team), ND(ok team), playing a close game to a pretty good DCA team, and losing to mediocre AT BEST teams like FRA, SC, McMinn? all they have to do in this stupid system is beat two teams that can't beat anyone, CB and Grace, and they are in.

you get to the playoffs by playing who is on your schedule, and let the chips fall where they may. it makes more sense to me that teams like silverdale and others are in a much better frame of mind entering the playoffs on a high note, rather than being beatdown week after week like boyd has, trying to get boys who are used to winning, up for tough opponents. look, GCA, Trousdale, and maybe TCA are loaded this year and will be tough for anybody to beat, regardless who you play in regular season. just don't tell me that boyd, or anyone else who has gotten beatdown by playing a "tough" schedule is better prepared for playoff action. i think not.

All Silverdale had to do in this stupid system is beat two teams that can't beat anyone, CB and Grace, and they are in

sorry...i obviously struck a nerve with thoughtful analysis. probably does not mean as much to you since i choose not to partake in name-calling and bashing. only football thoughts here. don't worry though, if i am right, i will take the high road and have no further comments for you to dissect. if i am wrong, i will be back to eat my crow and take my medicine. and it is so great to know that there are those so close to the football program on here that can share with the team the thoughts of so many. i know the coaches await your insight. congratulations on your insider position.

(crickets)