Rossview 67 Springfield 0?

LEON

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get along w/ the coach so we are going in a different direction, sounds like you need to turn your butt around and run back in that other direction as fast as you can......

Just got in from the Rossview vs. Springfield High Football game. I am pretty disappointed in the behavior of the Head Coach of Rossview. Score a Touchdown with less than 10 seconds on the clock when you are up by 61 points. What does that teach your youth?

Just got in from the Rossview vs. Springfield High Football game. I am pretty disappointed in the behavior of the Head Coach of Rossview. Score a Touchdown with less than 10 seconds on the clock when you are up by 61 points. What does that teach your youth?

I am not saying you are wrong, but, I am more concerned w/ what is going on w/ the Jackets personally; the score should not get that out of hand in the 1st place.....

There are ways to keep a score from embarrassing high school students. Coaches that do not see that are in the wrong profession. You do not have to tell a player not to go hard. You do it by letting the clock run and then running plays that are not designed to go the distance. You can control a score from getting in the 60's on almost every occasion.

Edited by winstonblue

What do you tell those young kids who show up every week and never get to play on Friday nights? Do you say "you can play but you can't score so just fall on the ground" when you put them in the game? Seriously.....

That is ridiculous to say!

Sorry my opinions are so ridiculous. To YOUR point, no I don't expect children who have "shown up every week and never get to play on Friday nights to fall on the ground."  How about putting them in earlier in the game instead of the end of the 4th quarter?  Rossview was up 41 to 0 at the beginning of the 2nd half and had a running clock the whole time.  There was ample opportunities to play EVERYONE on your team.  Instead your HC kept his starters in until late in the game.  The play that rubbed us the most was the last one of the game.  Rossview was driving and SHS stopped them roughly inside of the 10.  There was a flag on the play against Rossview.  The Rossview players sprinted to the spot where the play would be placed and then snapped the ball with 2 seconds on the clock and scored as time expired.  They were already up 61 to 0.  Really, couldn't you have let the clock just run out, Coach?  Your point had been made pretty strongly that you were the superior team, Coach, in every part of the game.  Those are just may RIDICULOUS thoughts. 

I don't recall any Rossview fans saying anything three years ago when Springfield ran a reverse and threw two deep balls at the end of a game that they were winning 56-3.  With the starters still in I might add. 

I guess our children deserved what happened to them then.  Isaiah Johnson is very special player and will play on Saturdays some day.  He runs hard and I also understand  he has overcome some diffcult life changing obstacles in his life.  I applaud him for his accomplishments.  Good luck the rest of the way. I apologize for the large print.  I am not shouting but have had eye surgery and need the larger print. Finish off Kenwood the playoff await you.

Edited by TheCommissioner