TCA vs Riverside

Intense

This is for the district Championship. Both teams are coming off of tough losses. It will be interesting to see how both teams rebound. I believe Riverside has steadily improved throughout the season and should be a really good game. I understand Riverside has been a little banged up but should have most everyone back and ready to go. Game is at TCA and while I think it will be close early I believe TCA pulls away in the second half and wins by two touchdowns and a FG. I do believe TCA will struggle to stop Riverside's ground game as they have struggled all year to stop the run. Good luck to our neighbors in Decatur County.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for this game since the summer. I know the Panthers will be huge underdogs but I'm proud they have stayed in the race and are in this position this late in the season.

I wouldn't say they are huge underdogs! I think if TCA doesn't take care of business they could lose this game. If they take care of business it should still be a relatively close game. Hope to goodness your OL isn't anything like ECS. Those guys pancaked us all night!! It's really hard to judge Riverside. You had an amazing game against McNairy and appeared to handle JCS pretty handily but then Adamsville handled you pretty easily. Then the loss to Cwood which blows me away. It seems like you have been really up and down. On an up week you seem to be able to play with anybody and on the down weeks you appear to be able to lose to anybody. Hope we don't catch you on an up week!!!

Edited by TCAIntense

It is my understanding the Riverside had some health issues as well as some other type of issues that either restricted the play of some or held them out of the Collingwood game altogether.  I fully expect Riverside will come into this game at full strengh.

Riverside will come in and try to play their typical physical style of football.  I believe that it will be a close game early but that TCA will pull away in the later stages to secure the win. 

While Riverside has a good passing combination in Ward to McEllrath, they are primarily a running team that has the quarterback position do alot of the running.  Should the freshman backup quarterback for Riverside run the show, you can bank on it being a run according to what I have been told and based upon what I have read about them. 

The TCA passing game is, with all due respect, superior to that of Riverside.  There are many go to guys for the Lions quarterback Kyle Akin.  The TCA running game is much more balanced and deep with Goldsmith, Bond, and Akin.  The kicking game goes to TCA.

Someone asked me at the store today about the different scenarios within District 15A as to who can win the district.

Here they are as I understand them.

Should TCA defeat Riverside, then TCA is the outright district champion and Adamsville is second.

Should Riverside defeat TCA and Adamsville defeats Jackson Christian, there is a three way tie for the district title.  As no team would have defeated all the other teams that they are tied with, TCA would win the district title on the second tie breaking prcedure which is the number of teams played with records of .500 or better. Adamsville would be second.

Should Riverside defeat TCA and Jackson Christian defeat Adamsville, then Riverside is district champion and TCA is second.

I think I have it covered. I did use page 2 of the TSSAA Handbook on football regulations as my guide.

Good luck to both teams. Hope it is injury free so 15a xan reoresent well in playoffs

I agree.  As it is pretty well decided how 15A will turn out, here is to an injury free game.  It would please me greatly to see three 15a teams standing tall going into week three of the playoffs.  Of course, then all bets would be off.  LOL