William Blount vs Bearden

Governm

I wouldn't worry about it Jake, most people on "T" enjoy posts and input. I will say this though, a coach going through a player to give a message to a parent, well I will just say it isn't cool. I don't know what the comment was but the coach should have confronted you directly. Btw, I see Joe crawled from under his rock.

shhh if we don't acknowledge him he will go away.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to call them like I see them on Coach T, I never intend to trash anyone, but on the flip side I try to separate what I want to happen and what I think will really happen. Well a couple of dads have saw fit to say something to my kid about my "trashing WB" on Coach T, and then a coach confronted him about something I posted on Coach T. I have not thought that I "trashed" WB, and if anything I said was taken that way, I apologize. I am not from here originally, yet I have been more loyal to that school than many that graduated there (that is not a shot at anyone). I have said from the beginning that I am behind Ridge, and I think he will get it done....it won't be overnight, but he will work to get it there. I have been as frustrated as anyone this year, and maybe I have said something in frustration that led to this, if so, I apologize. I think I will just show my face on WB threads if I only have good things to say or to congratulate them for a win, the rest I do on here will be cutting up with the Murvil boys....because when it gets to a point that I feel like I am taking up for coaches, and a coach confronts my son about something I posted on a message board, it is probably time to move away from the WB threads.

WB 75

Bearden 7

Go Govs

Post on Jake! I've enjoyed your insight and humor and on Friday nights you always fill us in on what happened in the WB game. IMO a coach should study the game instead of a worrying what fans post on a message board, maybe their team would be more successful. And I'll tell that to anyone's face. And they can ask me if I said it and not go ask my son.

I just read that this will be the USA Today high school game of the week on 10news2. This is part of the article. 

William Blount will host Bearden for the USA Today High School Game of the Week on 10News2. Both of these two teams have had rough seasons, only collecting two wins each. William Blount's offense has put up more points than Bearden so the Bulldog's defense will have to be ready to put a stop to the action, but this should play out to be a good game. At the end of the night, one of these two teams will be able to walk away with a feeling neither is used to, a feeling of pride from a win.

and let me tell you that rock was comfy. I have watched both these teams play my Hurricans and I will honestly say that I think it will be a good game.  Could be over by 8:30 with limited passing and pretty much a running clock becuase of all the runs between the tackles.  I do think Bearden has better athletes but they have just not seemed to get it together this year, but WB has seemed to face the same problems week in week out or so it sounds like on here.  Neither team has beaten anyone worthy of praise so neither team has a victory to hang their hat on.  If coaches are using players to get messages to parents, that may be the underlying issue with WB.  Just how they do things unproffessionally.  Either way, Choctaw Otis should probably focus on getting his brother a bunch of stats tonight seeing as it is his last chance.  Funny how both of these running backs left their respected schools for "greener pastures" only to find out the grass aint always greener on the other side of the fence.  Mo. West has had their worst year in a decade or more and will still finish with more wins than Horton and Otis has lost twice as many games this season as he did in 3 years at SC.  Got to find the irony in that.

Sounds to me like Otis has his priorities straight. The Otis' are a close knit family and I can assure you, winning is important but family is forever. I don't feel bad for Peyton, he is playing his senior year with his brother and he is happier for it. Now for Horton I don't know his real reason for leaving MoWest but if he was looking for greener pastures he has only found the desert with Bearden. Plagued by injuries and other things, the Bulldogs have had a disappointing season.   

I am not real familiar with the Otis kid other than his brother getting on the "T" and pumping him up.  I heard that Horton transferred because of a parent getting a job but that he could have stayed at West but he told all the guys he was going to leave and play for a championship.  I have a friend that works in Sevier County that said the Otis kid was very boastful about going to WB, and said he was going to make them so good that they would beat SC in the playoffs.  But like I said, I have never spoken to the Otis kid so I do not know if this is sour grapes or the truth.  Either way, I do not think anyone should transfer to another school after said school has put three years of hard work and dedication for them to be the best they can be, that is pure selfishness and just like in these two cases, they get what they deserve.  I know there is always exceptions but these two do not fall into that catagory.  If the Otis kid's brother loved him, he should have said stay and play good football cause we aint gonna play good ball at WB this year.  Maybe next year, but not this year.

Sounds to me like both of the Otis brothers were being selfish. The coach sacraficing his brothers football future just to try and win a couple of games and the player for going somewhere where he will be the big man on campus instead of being a part of a good team.  In that case, they both have gotten what they deserve.  But I do not know them, just my third party view.

Sounds to me like both of the Otis brothers were being selfish. The coach sacraficing his brothers football future just to try and win a couple of games and the player for going somewhere where he will be the big man on campus instead of being a part of a good team. In that case, they both have gotten what they deserve. But I do not know them, just my third party view.

If the sevier county fans attitude on here is any indication of the overall attitude of the sc fanbase I don't blame otis for leaving. At the beginning of the season they were talking trash and saying he was their third best running back and 8th or 9th overall best player. pardon my french but that is utter bs. If otis was that unappreciated up there I understand why he wanted to leave. He has been the Govs most consistent player on offense and defense and averages about 120 yards rushing per game and leads the team in tds. I can't remember a runningback at sc putting up those numbers recently so I would be curious to know who those two sc runningbacks are that are supposedly better than him. As for our season... yes we have had a losing season but we have competed in most of those losses and had a chance to win most of those. We have had a few injuries here and there and lost a key offensive player because he transferred to another school. We are also breaking in a new coaching staff and system and the transition hasn't gone as smoothly as most thought it would. Next year the govs should be a lot better and I look forward to seeing the rematch up in morristown. Edited by Governors91

Sounds to me like both of the Otis brothers were being selfish. The coach sacraficing his brothers football future just to try and win a couple of games and the player for going somewhere where he will be the big man on campus instead of being a part of a good team. In that case, they both have gotten what they deserve. But I do not know them, just my third party view.

Why don't you have the guts to say what you really have against these guys. Broken hearted girlfriend I'm betting. What happened honey?

He really needs to let go of his sour grapes, envy, and jealousy. That stuffs gonna give him a heart attack. Actually 2 of the coaches heard he was thinking of leaving SC and they confronted Otis about it. He hadn't made up his mind yet and both coaches told him " you have to do what's good for you". They told him he would be missed and wished him luck on his decision. One of those  coaches was Coach Brewer. I think it was kind of a classy move because if anybody knows family first, its coach Brewer.