William Blount vs Bearden

Governm

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What false sense of reality? This team should have been playing again next week.That's the reality of things. Lost a lot of close games they should have won.

In my eyes, athletically the GOVS are not what you think they are...what you just stated could be said about a ton of teams across the state in high school football.. The GOVS played hard every time I saw them..just an opinion tho...

In my eyes, athletically the GOVS are not what you think they are...what you just stated could be said about a ton of teams across the state in high school football.. The GOVS played hard every time I saw them..just an opinion tho...

The Govs have better athletes than about half of the teams they lose to. I think people underestimate just how bad coaching has been over here. I have been to just about every game for years and coaching has lost us a lot of football games.

If there isn't any talent at wb why have all the other coaches since the mid to late 90s been able to win and make the playoffs?Why did wb go from beating sevier county, Dobyns Bennett, ooltewah , oak ridge, and McMinn to losing to mediocre Jeff county and lenoir city teams? Coaching coaching coaching!!! Remember that 07 team? They were 0-10 or 1-9 as freshman but got better every year and ended up being a great team. That is a sign of good coaching. Even if a team is down in talent they should be getting better every single week and that hasn't happened at wb... This team didn't make any progress from week 0 to week 10 , in fact they got worse! that is bad coaching, plain and simple.

Edited by Governors91

If you look at the wb teams from 09-13 and compare them to the teams from 05-08 you will notice how much things have changed. During the Meadows era the Govs competed in just about every single game win or lose. Teams respected them because they were a legit threat to win or pull the upset on any given Friday. Even the 1-9 08 team competed in 7 of the 10 games and almost pulled a few upsets! All those teams played hard and got better every week. The teams from 09 onward have not been able to do that. Im not expecting miracles , I just want to see this program get back to respectability. They have the talent to win 5+ games every year, so why can't they do it? Coaching!

Edited by Governors91

I heard Chactow Otis is showing a movie this monday to the players, it is call hoop dreams. Dribble Dribble Shoot Shoot. Ladies and Gentlemen, It's basketball time in William Blount. How about the Alanwick alley oopers. Hurricanes gonna roll a little tribe this week.

If you misspell Alnwick again, I will have you sent to a chat board in Kentucky.

Only notice.

Never said you don't have athletes... Just not what you think you have...big and strong does not equal good football player...the coach has been there a year and couldn't bring all his guys with him... And you are ready to get rid of him?? Who do you replace him with? Coaches we know read this board..look at Jake... So after reading all this garbage you post about coaches why would they wanna come? Just an opinion tho

William Blount made a bad mistake by not trying to hire Scott Meadows back when it had the chance this past year. I can't blame Scott for leaving to go to Catholic for what they were paying him. He had no choice but to leave on what he was making at William Blount. The best teams in the history of that football program were under his watch and that was the one coach that had Maryville's attention. 

William Blount made a bad mistake by not trying to hire Scott Meadows back when it had the chance this past year. I can't blame Scott for leaving to go to Catholic for what they were paying him. He had no choice but to leave on what he was making at William Blount. The best teams in the history of that football program were under his watch and that was the one coach that had Maryville's attention.

Well I'm not sure if he would have come back if they had tried to get him. there is still bad blood between him and wb because of the way he left.

Never said you don't have athletes... Just not what you think you have...big and strong does not equal good football player...the coach has been there a year and couldn't bring all his guys with

him... And you are ready to get rid of him?? Who

do you replace him with? Coaches we know read

this board..look at Jake... So after reading all this

garbage you post about coaches why would they

wanna come? Just an opinion tho

Well I disagree, WB has enough talent to be a winning team year in and year out. I am not saying they should get rid of ridge, I'm saying they need to get him some better help. Also If some coaches are soo sensitive that they would base a job decision on a negative coacht post they don't need to be coaching in the first place. Most adults have jobs and if they don't do a good job they get criticized or even fired, that's just life. Heck sometimes you will get criticized for doing a

good job! that's just life! High school coaches are not immune to this.