William Blount vs Bearden

Governm

Which coaches are the ones that need to be replaced?

New offensive and defensive coordinators. The play calling on offense has been really bad at times and they take way too long to pick plays and get the play off.They have gotten a few delay of game penalties and lost close games because of this. no explanation needed for why they need a new defensive coordinator. This has been the worst wb defense I have ever seen.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a couple of the Alnwick posters need to apply for the assistant jobs for next season. They seem to have all the answers.

Have you watched them play outside the maryville game? I don't claim to be an expert but it is obvious coaching is a big part of the problem. Terrible play calling,bad decisions,poor clock management, and lack of discipline are indicators of poor coaching. This Gov team was way too talented to finish 2-8 . They should be playing again next Friday.

I m going to give Ridge the benefit of the doubt and give him another year or two before I lose faith in him. However I understand 100% why some would be calling for his head. The fact of the matter is Ridge walked into a situation where he could win the first year. This team had talent and had a lighter schedule than years past and to

top it all off the district was way down and they

only managed to win 2 games. Gregory got us atleast 3 wins every year, there is no excuse for this season. I don't know if its Ridges fault or his assistants but if it is his fault I hope he gets some good assistants to make him look good. I don't care if a chimp calls the offense as long as it can help us win ball games.

Hope your not to disappointed when the Canes lose. They had a very easy schedule this year. In fact, I think only 1 win was from a team that finished over .500. Y'all have been in some real shootouts with below .500 teams including the cardinals. The best thing the canes have going for them is the tribe has been down from past years. I will take the tribe by 15 in that one.  

AllRegion, I also wanted to mention how I read most of your posts and seem to be very knowledgeable and like your insights. Would you make any changes and if so, where?

I appreciate that GovFan. In my opinion, there was enough talent at WB to win more games than the Govs did this year. I would not make any changes at the top just yet because I believe in giving a coach at least three seasons before passing major judgments, especially since there is a significant learning curve going from 1A to 6A coaching.

As far as other changes are concerned, this is the offseason where Ridge will have to make those tough decisions. If he chooses to stick with the current coordinators and assistants that he inherited, then they are no longer "inherited coaches" but instead "Ridge's coaches." At the high school level, it is not easy to find teaching positions to bring in new assistant coaches, so this does have to be taken into consideration.

I hope that the WB players and coaches work hard this offseason. The Govs have the potential successful next year and I hope that they are.

I appreciate that GovFan. In my opinion, there was enough talent at WB to win more games than the Govs did this year. I would not make any changes at the top just yet because I believe in giving a coach at least three seasons before passing major judgments, especially since there is a significant learning curve going from 1A to 6A coaching.

As far as other changes are concerned, this is the offseason where Ridge will have to make those tough decisions. If he chooses to stick with the current coordinators and assistants that he inherited, then they are no longer "inherited coaches" but instead "Ridge's coaches." At the high school level, it is not easy to find teaching positions to bring in new assistant coaches, so this does have to be taken into consideration.

I hope that the WB players and coaches work hard this offseason. The Govs have the potential successful next year and I hope that they are.

My question is... If Ridge couldn't bring any coaches with him what makes you think the admin will let him get rid of folks now.. Maybe he can go and raid the Math and Horticulture departments for coaches. 1A or 6A... Football is football! Just an opinion tho...

My question is... If Ridge couldn't bring any coaches with him what makes you think the admin will let him get rid of folks now.. Maybe he can go and raid the Math and Horticulture departments for coaches. 1A or 6A... Football is football! Just an opinion tho...

Maybe the administration will be more inclined to let Ridge hire new assistants after seeing how this season turned out. Maybe they won't and Ridge will have the same staff for next year. No matter who the assistants are, the WB fans are justified in wanting to see improvement.

And I completely agree that football is football, no matter what class you play in. However, at Greenback Ridge was the big fish in a small pond. Now Ridge is a small fish in a big pond. That takes some getting used to, but this "excuse" will not fly forever of course.

Edited by AllRegion