William Blount vs Bearden

Governm

Said it before and will continue to say it.....Greenback was good because of the assistants that Ridge surrounded himself with. Made him look like a good coach.

The evidence seems to support what you are saying.Greenback didn't miss a beat without ridge and ridge led a talented wb team to a 2-8 record.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who has hurt feelings over Meadows leaving...WB was crazy to not give him the job this time around. He was in a tough situation at Catholic (it's easy for Matthews to come in and win now that they are playing a 3A/4A schedule again) but he could have turned the WB program around again.

He may or may not have turned it around.....but with Meadows, I think admin (along with players and parents) would have always been wondering when he was going to bolt again.  I know that you are never assured that any coach will stay, but I think admin felt like with Ridge, they were getting a good coach, and also getting a coach that would be there for a while.

I want you all to mark this down on the wall somewhere and don't paint over it. I'm just about willing to bet that Scott Meadows will be coaching in Blount County again but his next stop will be Heritage High. After watching that train wreck play Alcoa and Maryville and I saw how many seniors started on both sides of the ball in both of those ball games I realized it will be years before Tim will have anything decent out there and I just wonder sometimes if he is enjoying this or is he thinking "What the heck did I get myself into". At the age of fifty seven I can't see this show go on forever. I do believe he is doing a good job in working the feeder system but that will be years down the road. I just believe in my opinion Meadows will be the next Heritage Coach because he hasn't burned any bridges out there and those people know it would stick it to William Blount.

I want you all to mark this down on the wall somewhere and don't paint over it. I'm just about willing to bet that Scott Meadows will be coaching in Blount County again but his next stop will be Heritage High. After watching that train wreck play Alcoa and Maryville and I saw how many seniors started on both sides of the ball in both of those ball games I realized it will be years before Tim will have anything decent out there and I just wonder sometimes if he is enjoying this or is he thinking "What the heck did I get myself into". At the age of fifty seven I can't see this show go on forever. I do believe he is doing a good job in working the feeder system but that will be years down the road. I just believe in my opinion Meadows will be the next Heritage Coach because he hasn't burned any bridges out there and those people know it would stick it to William Blount.

I think Meadows plans to stay at Pigeon Forge for awhile. Otherwise, I believe he would do well at Heritage.

He may or may not have turned it around.....but with Meadows, I think admin (along with players and parents) would have always been wondering when he was going to bolt again.  I know that you are never assured that any coach will stay, but I think admin felt like with Ridge, they were getting a good coach, and also getting a coach that would be there for a while.

I understand where you are coming from, jake. I do not think that Meadows would have left WB in the first place if Catholic was not such an exceptionally good offer ($$$), though. He turned Oak Ridge down in the 2009 offseason.

I understand where you are coming from, jake. I do not think that Meadows would have left WB in the first place if Catholic was not such an exceptionally good offer ($$$), though. He turned Oak Ridge down in the 2009 offseason.

I agree....he made a decision that paid him a lot more money, most all people in the workplace would have done the same.  Unfortunately, it probably could have been handled better by himself, and his history of bolting from other schools just made the whole thing look a lot worse than it actually was.  I don't want to get into the whole thing, it has been discussed here before, but I never felt like he had a legitimate shot at getting the WB job this time around.

I heard the other sports was having practice and maybe that's why some of the seniors are not playing.

The football team is only practicing 2 days this week, so it should not be that big of a conflict, and the only sport that could a be conflict would be basketball (for those that call basketball a sport), and at this point the 2 or 3 that play both sports could still play in the game Saturday even if they didn't practice.  I guess we will see who is at practice Wednesday.