Gerry Bertier's 3A Playoffs Final Predictions After Week 10

Gerry Bertier

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't do this, however, if the goal is to go farther in the playoffs, I don't see it as unethical.  I think lots of teams would sit their starters in week 10 if they could, to gear up for a playoff run...

It is definitely unethical. It usually comes back to bite the team that does it. The MO is not a contender in either quad. It could benefit SC if they do lose. It would be much better to go there than to the U or ND...or Polk.

I agree. My son plays for ND and I love his attitude. I was discussing this playoff scenario with him tonight (he had no idea). He said, "I can't believe someone would not try to win a game intentionally" (which is a little naive, people do that at all levels to get a better seed, draft pick, etc.) What he said next made me the proudest. He said, "we have to beat Upperman to get out of our Quad - might as well beat them sooner than later". This is not my attempt at trash talking nor am I saying ND wins the quad but gosh dang I sure like his attitude.

So...the U is the only team to worry about? Lol

I will continue to post if he continues to disrespect what many consider to be the greatest team in the history of my hometown.

Seems like somebody posted this "disrespectful" post after last year's CPA/CC game:   "Your kids (CPA) played physical football tonight and whipped a Cubs team that whipped everyone for 12 games. I never thought that this would be the case but it was!" Oh, wait, that was YOU saying your team was whipped. I never directed my post at you or disrespected your team. I pointed out the same thing you said after the game, the facts.

The reason for my post was that several CC fan posters last year (not you) sounded IMO like some posters from playoff bound teams this year in the current thread. I did not mention you and I did not put down your team. I simply stated the facts. CC had a great year last year, I never said they didn't, but it was a blowout.

Seems like somebody posted this "disrespectful" post after last year's CPA/CC game:   "Your kids (CPA) played physical football tonight and whipped a Cubs team that whipped everyone for 12 games. I never thought that this would be the case but it was!" Oh, wait, that was YOU saying your team was whipped. I never directed my post at you or disrespected your team. I pointed out the same thing you said after the game, the facts.

The reason for my post was that several CC fan posters last year (not you) sounded IMO like some posters from playoff bound teams this year in the current thread. I did not mention you and I did not put down your team. I simply stated the facts. CC had a great year last year, I never said they didn't, but it was a blowout.

I think I'll watch this game again tonight to celebrate Halloween. I hope it is still online.

Let me make this clear, coach Harris is not Mr. Postman. I don't know what he will do other than what he thinks is best for the team. This was just something I have been looking at since the White Hiuse loss. it looked as though this scenario would come up. Last season I was saying the same thing to Smith Co. I am not affiliated whatsoever with Westmoreland football program except for being quite possibly their biggest fan and self proclaimed voice of the Eagles here on coach. However, I'm not afraid to come out and speak the obvious about this or any other topic I so choose to. I'm not looking to win votes, just speaking the obvious. The naysayers in quad 2 are just afraid when we get there that they will not be able to compete with us due to our strength of schedule. Especially Antwitt and UpperMAN, whom I have been calling out all year long and we might get the chance to dance.