BA versus Ensworth

baylorbigdog1976

ok WC - you've picked against BA almost every game and they have been coming thru lately - at least. So now i'm really nervous.  With you picking them they may be doomed. Is this a calculated ploy on your part to jinx 'em?  C'mon - you're using reverse psych here arent you? You really to say E 21 BA 20. C'mon admit it

ok WC - you've picked against BA almost every game and they have been coming thru lately - at least. So now i'm really nervous.  With you picking them they may be doomed. Is this a calculated ploy on your part to jinx 'em?  C'mon - you're using reverse psych here arent you? You really to say E 21 BA 20. C'mon admit it

I hate to say 'I told ya so'. No, actually I love to say it. I just rarely get to say it.

It's the old saying "turnovers will decide this game".

Ensworth 28 BA 21

Missed the score prediction, but had a feeling turnovers would play a big role. Ensworth's only TD came off a BA turnover. Not sure how many times BA capitalized on Ensworth's 6 turnovers.

Got a feeling Coach Ricky will have those turnovers corrected prior to next game.

Edited by shakinthefat

I agree ... Here is an eye opening stat. I looked at the play by play.. Ensworh had 52 plays if you take away the top 8 they had less than 100 yards. 85% or their plays went for low yards ..

Take away 4 of ferbys 14 carries and he averaged 1 yard a carry.

So turnovers didnt help for sure but ensworth just didn't make plays ... Plain and simple

Missed the score prediction, but had a feeling turnovers would play a big role. Ensworth's only TD came off a BA turnover. Not sure how many times BA capitalized on Ensworth's 6 turnovers.

Got a feeling Coach Ricky will have those turnovers corrected prior to next game.

It's hard to say but my guess is he was not 100 percent. His calf was taped and I saw him limping a few times. If you look at his games against some of the other teams he had:

171 yards on 29 carries versus MBA

161 yards on 29 carries versus Father Ryan

187 yards on 26 carries versus Trinity

213 yards on 32 carries versus McCallie

So 14 carries against BA is half of what we normally see with him playing full strength. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe he played defense either . Ensworth used Rico and Donovan about half the time while running the ball.

Was Ferby back to 100% or close to it anyway ?

Great footage of the game ... Huge hits ..barnett had one of the biggest of the year toward end of video on ensworths back..

http://www.tennessean.com/VideoNetwork/2794936178001/Brentwood-Academy-ends-Ensworth-s-win-streak-at-29

I take it #9 was Barnett ?? Wow , bout like a Clowney hit . Looked like it was a great Game , I caught the last Quarter on the link you gave me , lot of big nice looking athletes on both sides , I look forward to the Rematch , which I would definitely count on there being one . 

Ensworth's starters came out of the game for ZERO minutes. When the top 3 teams get a bye and a week off why would a team need to rest starters? In a rivalry game of this magnitude both teams could be 9-0, 0-9 or any win loss in between and both teams would lay it all on the line.

Now did Ensworth truly get outplayed by BA or did they just rest their starters knowing that the #1 seed was locked up.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I think something that hasn't been mentioned: the past 4 years this game was DOMINATED by #15...every time he touched the ball or it was near him something happened. Without him Ensworth looks much different - credit BA, they did a great job containing Ferby (who may not have been 100%) - Elder was such a difference maker in past years' games, without him Ensworth is not as explosive. Also, in the past Ensworth's QB play has been very solid - young Bowers was a solid qb that didn't make mistakes - again credit BA for putting the Ensworth qb in position to turn it over. Matchup in 3 weeks should be even better - expect a much different Ensworth and different atmosphere at Ensworth's field. 

It's hard to say but my guess is he was not 100 percent. His calf was taped and I saw him limping a few times. If you look at his games against some of the other teams he had:

171 yards on 29 carries versus MBA

161 yards on 29 carries versus Father Ryan

187 yards on 26 carries versus Trinity

213 yards on 32 carries versus McCallie

So 14 carries against BA is half of what we normally see with him playing full strength. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe he played defense either . Ensworth used Rico and Donovan about half the time while running the ball.

You have to take into account Ensworth had to abandon their running game the biggest part of the second half.